Motorcycle Forum banner

9281 - 9300 of 9346 Posts

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Rode to work today, WHAT happened to spring? It was 32F and I didn't realize it till after I left, without nearly enough cold weather gear on I shivered my way to work :)

Reactions: Porky

·
Biker
1,480 Posts
Rode to work today, WHAT happened to spring? It was 32F and I didn't realize it till after I left, without nearly enough cold weather gear on I shivered my way to work :)
Yup I know what ur saying, bring the girl in 4 1 hiheel (tire) and its like 30 out there.
better get myself loaded with hot coffee. Damn N.England, I should o' stayed in Florida.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Last Thursday I hauled my bike in for a full service and a new clutch cable. (It was raining that day and I can't ride yet anyway.) I told them there was no hurry, but I kind wish I hadn't said that because I miss being able to go out and look at it.
Oh well, it will be ready when I'm ready to ride again.:)

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
515 Posts
Last Thursday I hauled my bike in for a full service and a new clutch cable. (It was raining that day and I can't ride yet anyway.) I told them there was no hurry, but I kind wish I hadn't said that because I miss being able to go out and look at it.
Oh well, it will be ready when I'm ready to ride again.:)
And we can't wait!!! Hope you're up to it soon!!! 🤞 🤞 🤞

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,281 Posts
I can't hardly wait until I can ride again, but I don't want to drop it every time I turn around too. Just picked it up today. Clutch cable was fine, the clutch release bearing was the problem. So with the full service, the bike is ready when I'm able.

Great news, how are you feeling?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
It may still be awhile. This week I've had another covid test and a CT scan. Today I have a pulmonary function test. Been seeing a couple heart doctors and I need to have a bypass operation. But they want to make sure I could survive the operation before they do it.

I'm tired a lot but other than that, I feel okay. Doc said I'd feel even better after the operation and I'm all for that. Just wish these things would come a few years apart instead of a few months apart. :)

·
14,281 Posts
It may still be awhile. This week I've had another covid test and a CT scan. Today I have a pulmonary function test. Been seeing a couple heart doctors and I need to have a bypass operation. But they want to make sure I could survive the operation before they do it.

I'm tired a lot but other than that, I feel okay. Doc said I'd feel even better after the operation and I'm all for that. Just wish these things would come a few years apart instead of a few months apart. :)
I had a double bypass when they replaced my Aortic valve. They had to split my chess when they did all of that and recovery was slow but doable. Are they going in through a blood vessel or will they open you up? Through the blood vessels recovery is a lot easier and quicker.

Reactions: Porky

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts

It takes time...
I had a case of Covid too, not nearly as serious but it still had me pretty sick for a couple weeks in February. Now I'm recovered, back to work, doing everything I need to do, but I still don't feel like I have 100% of my strength back, I get tired easily, I have been coming home from 12 hours at work and taking a nap, stuff I never did before.
One of my coworkers who had a case very early on, late February or early March 2020, well he took about 6 months from the day he came back till he felt like himself again, with most of his energy back... he STILL says at times he doesn't feel 100% despite pushing himself hard to get back in shape.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't know how they plan on doing it, going to have a meeting with the doc next week and I guess I'll find out then what they're thinking. I just got home from taking the pulmonary function test. Apparently my lungs are in good shape. The only low reading was in gas exchange. Then she asked why I was taking the test. After explaining I got a couple blockages in the arteries around my heart, the nurse said that could cause my low reading in that area.

I was talking to the nurse about covid and how for my wife and 87 year old mother, for them it like having a mild cold, and it almost killed me. She told me they still don't understand why it's worse for some people than others. I'm still careful, although when I picked up my bike I forgot my mask, but I've had both my shots so I should be okay for a while.

With the weather warming up, I can't hardly wait to get back to normal (or at least close) again.

·
Biker
1,480 Posts
I can't hardly wait until I can ride again, but I don't want to drop it every time I turn around too. Just picked it up today. Clutch cable was fine, the clutch release bearing was the problem. So with the full service, the bike is ready when I'm able.
Is clutch release bearing same as a throw out bearing which if i'm right the pressure plate is on?
slides back n forth on a ribbed or spleened shaft, I threw out the throw-out bearing and it doesn't
work right, "imagine that" said John Lennon.

·
On The Road Again!
3,826 Posts
What did I do with my bike today???
I woke up this morning to a temperature of 21 degrees with the wind HOWLING!!!
The calendar on the wall says it's April 2nd, but outside it's January!!!
As Bob Dylan wrote, "You ain't goin' nowhere".

·
8,572 Posts
I went on a small 'Smell the roses' ride on the Spyder, from Carthage to La Russell, MO via small farming paved backroads, mostly at 35 mph, just taking it easy. 55.1 miles round trip.

I'm still breaking the bike in and as of today, it has 446.3 miles on it.

I NEED and demand comfort and I have finally found it.

Sam

·
14,281 Posts
Replaced the cover that the winds of the last week or so shredded.

·
Shadow Moderator
1,548 Posts
I took a 160 mile ride in the country to take some picture challenge pics. Oh, and because riding is just so darn fun!

I intended to return home via one of my favorite curvy roads in eastern Ohio (OH Rt 164) but part of it was closed with a detour posted. I turned onto the detour road (another state route) and never saw another detour sign. So I just kept riding. That road became a county road and then a township road. Choppy pavement, gravel in the corners. It was good practice. :)

9281 - 9300 of 9346 Posts