Motorcycle Forum banner

8881 - 8900 of 8914 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Sunday was way too nice to not get a ride in, warm with crystal blue skies and not a cloud in sight.
It took some care, ice had formed where the snow melted and froze overnight and some of it remained in shady spots even though it was 40+ degrees out so we stayed on main roads and the interstate but it was still great to put down 50 miles and go out to a diner for brunch on the bikes. Candy maintained her several year 12 month riding status as well now that she got in a February ride.
Monday and it's SNOWING again!
View attachment 65750
Yesterday I salted a strip, and a little all over, today it rained and warmer, I tried the strip.....not yet
I'm going out to salt again since the rain has stopped, and I'll try some more shoveling later.....hoping to get bike out tomorrow in the 50's, have to work Wednesday 60's

·
8,402 Posts
Triumph makes some great clothes for sure.

I've got some Triumph stuff, Ducati stuff, Indian stuff and lots of Harley stuff but oddly no Japanese clothes nor Tattoos :)

Sam:)

·
Registered
Buells, Hardley, Suzuki, Beemer, and a big Katoom
71 Posts
Saturday, here in New Mexico, was a gorgeous day with mid 60 degree temps. (y)
Me and the 'ol Lady got rolling on the big KTM around 10am, and headed north up through the Jemez mountains to Santa Fe, had lunch and them came back south on old hwy14 a winding road that takes you through Madrid. (the town they filmed Wild Hogs, with Tim Allen, in) and continued meandering south until we got to RT66.
weather was great, the scenery beautiful, and the BBQ delicious. Nice to finally get a break from the weather.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,360 Posts
Same here, 50+° and sunny. Lots of muck between my garage and blacktop

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
385 Posts
Not what I did with my bike today, but what I did for my bike:

View attachment 65754

Made a path to the street so when Wednesday arrives with its partly sunny and mid 40's temperature, I'm riding!

There's about an inch of ice under that snow.
Yep, I know what you mean! I had packed down snow on my gravel drive which impeded my path of travel so I hacked away at that for about an hour. Man, I HATE that stuff!!!! That's the biggest reason we left Iowa (followed by lower cost of living and twisties!!! :D ) The closer I got to the street, the better it was; but once I got to the street, it was all packed at the end, except for one clear path wide enough for the bike, plus some buffer. Lucky me!

So Sheldon is parked in front of Bug with his tires all aired up, ready to go! Forecast calls for a low of 35 and sunny and 43 when it's time for me to leave. Hopefully I'll just have a muddy mess to contend with, but no snow or ice.🤞 Forecast high is 62, so I would think it would all be gone by the time I get home for supper!

·
Ace Tuner
2,759 Posts
I don't understand why someone would get tattoos in a language they can't read
I've got a big green " K " tattooed on my chest. Too bad I switched to Yamaha the following year.
As for the tat on my left arm. The wife keeps asking... "Who is Betty" ?

S F

·
American Legion Rider
23,125 Posts
Be real careful getting out early folks. Some of those shaded areas can still have hidden ice. I know y'all know it but just want to emphasize the possible ice issue. It's real and can sneak up on you when having fun. All senses on high alert.(y)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Be real careful getting out early folks. Some of those shaded areas can still have hidden ice. I know y'all know it but just want to emphasize the possible ice issue. It's real and can sneak up on you when having fun. All senses on high alert.(y)
Early here there are no shaded areas

·
Visionary
4,400 Posts
Not what I did with my bike today, but what I did for my bike:

View attachment 65754

Made a path to the street so when Wednesday arrives with its partly sunny and mid 40's temperature, I'm riding!

There's about an inch of ice under that snow.
Your escape path!

·
Visionary
4,400 Posts
(y)(y)(y)
I've had a few ice created pucker moments going to work at 2 am but Usually I expect those so I'm wary..though that one day it was 25F and dry weather was forecast, and then it unexpectedly started raining lightly..that was fun.
The worst was actually about 5 years ago on a sunny, Sunday around noon. I was riding my Vstar down River road along the Delaware river bluffs to New Hope, PA, a beautiful spring day, around 50F and sunny, dry roads. Came around a bend and there in the shade of that bend was a huge glacier across the whole road in that shady corner, water had run down the rock cliff at roadside, crossed the slanted road and frozen into a solid sheet of ice a couple of inches thick.
I crossed it but I have no idea how...

·
Shadow Moderator
1,166 Posts
Ugh, now the weather forecast for tomorrow is 33% chance of rain during the warmest part of the day. I'll have to watch and wait on this one. I'd love to take a 120 mile round trip to snag a picture for the NE Ohio picture tag game on ADV Rider. That game has been stuck since December 11.

Maybe I'll take a shorter and less risky ride for our own picture challenge game...

·
Secret Agent
2,360 Posts
Supposed to hit 68 here today! That ought help dry thing out a bit.

·
Secret Agent
2,360 Posts
Did u win lottery??

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
4 pm a narrow path emerged....with a little more shoveling
and the GSXS was heading down the road......plenty of water crossing my city street

Heading out of town, only about 5 miles out, several rivers crossing the road......this bike throws water up under your butt

Turned around and come back

8881 - 8900 of 8914 Posts