Motorcycle Forum banner

8861 - 8880 of 8914 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Welp, here I am for evening shift, called in again.....which is makes me a little extra money
Working Mon-Tue counted as 32hrs total......OT starts at 40......now is OT because I was called in, and for my 40

Boss said Thur and Fri were closed, which means it wlil be 16hrs each.......Saturday will only count as 8

It looks like 32hrs reg time 48hrs OT.........and thats not counting if I have to work evening shifts Thur-Sat

I'm thinking Street Bob, wife isn't
New apartment for wife this check, Street Bob next check ;)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Today was the one sunny day in the forecast of the next ten, and it actually happened. Sweet Vanessa and I got on LoLaLi and rode the Granite Falls-Lake Stevens-Arlington triangle, about 45 miles. We stopped for coffee at our favorite latte stand and got some stuff at a quirky little second hand store. Just enough to keep my sanity until the next dry day.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,949 Posts
Welp, here I am for evening shift, called in again.....which is makes me a little extra money
Working Mon-Tue counted as 32hrs total......OT starts at 40......now is OT because I was called in, and for my 40

Boss said Thur and Fri were closed, which means it wlil be 16hrs each.......Saturday will only count as 8

It looks like 32hrs reg time 48hrs OT.........and thats not counting if I have to work evening shifts Thur-Sat

I'm thinking Street Bob, wife isn't
What do you do Anybike?

·
13,949 Posts
As long as everything is running correctly.

Reactions: Stablefull

·
8,402 Posts
No ride again today! 12 Degrees, Zero wind chill factor, very light snow @ 6:22 AM. It is supposed to be Sunny 😁 latter today and warming from now until next week!

My Son and I drove around for an hour or so, just checking on a few supported businesses (IT) drove by our Business in town and meandered down Country lanes enjoying the panorama of bright white rolling fields of snow spotted with COLD Beeves and Horses.

Stopped at Sonic for some delicious Breakfast Burritos and the Missouri treasure, Tater Tots.(y)

Sam:)

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
385 Posts
Today was the one sunny day in the forecast of the next ten, and it actually happened. Sweet Vanessa and I got on LoLaLi and rode the Granite Falls-Lake Stevens-Arlington triangle, about 45 miles. We stopped for coffee at our favorite latte stand and got some stuff at a quirky little second hand store. Just enough to keep my sanity until the next dry day.
I get my sanity back next week!!! 50s in the forecast, and the Eureka Springs fudge shop is open for my candy run! :D

·
13,949 Posts
Never got any snow today, started sleeting and freezing rain .around 4 am and quit about 12:30. I had a coating of salt on the drive but not going to bother to clean it off as it is supposed to start again sometime this afternoon or evening and continue till around 9 am Friday.

Snow is manageable they make tools to help. This crap is just a kick in the gonads.

Reactions: Stablefull

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Never got any snow today, started sleeting and freezing rain .around 4 am and quit about 12:30. I had a coating of salt on the drive but not going to bother to clean it off as it is supposed to start again sometime this afternoon or evening and continue till around 9 am Friday.

Snow is manageable they make tools to help. This crap is just a kick in the gonads.
Its suppose to start again here at 3(30min), and they're calling for snow then ice then snow again.......
but then thats it, except cold until Sunday when apparently Spring starts

I'm here again tonight..........Been conversing with my dealer, I'm trying the impossible in order to get reasonable, 2003 ElectraGlide anniversary edition, 2003 XL1200C anniversary edition, 2006 XL883L
For 2019 C90T amd 2019 M90

my trade in values $11,100, avg retail of Harleys $9900....his prices $18K

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,360 Posts
I'm bach'n it until Sunday, it's not riding weather. Kind of a bummer....

Mexican take out here I come!😁

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Last night wasn't near as bad as they made out.......evening shift might even make it in tonight.....IDK if he's got electricity yet.

big shots look at the bill for last week, they made up a new word, don't know what the word is but its emaning is clear.......we're not closed but if you can't make it in you'll get paid, if you make it in you'll get 1.5 pay

Closed means, don't come in unless you're told to come in, not working your paid, working paid as 16hrs for 8 all over 40 is OT

Mon-Tue closed, 32hrs for me, Wed-Fri new word, including Sat 40hrs OT, 48 if I have to work evening tonight, 56 if I have to work evening Sat.........("have to" is not right "get to" is more accurate). If if if Wed-Fri closed that would be 24 more hrs .......... my boss is fighting for it now, because their new word will discourage people to come in(not me but I can see it)

All we got for today and tomorrow is cold......my phone still says spring starts Sunday

Talking to my dealer, he sent me trade in on mine, KBB is 3k short........the 03's are not his, he's going to see if he can buy them outright at a profitable price then trade..........holy cow poop

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
385 Posts
Wow! Worst weather around here in 30+ years (according to the natives), snow still on the ground in spite of temps in the high 40s, and I saw a flock of robins today!!!!! Robins ALWAYS mean SPRING!!!!!!!!!!🌞🌞🌞

·
American Legion Rider
23,125 Posts
Wow! Worst weather around here in 30+ years (according to the natives), snow still on the ground in spite of temps in the high 40s, and I saw a flock of robins today!!!!! Robins ALWAYS mean SPRING!!!!!!!!!!🌞🌞🌞
Just before this storm hit, I did see a flock of geese heading south. A few weeks earlier I saw some heading north so they must be the cause of this. ha ha ha

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Friday night I was a little late getting off, problems, boss and I got it temp fixed good enough to wait till in the morning. He called all the fixit people told them they had to come in Saturday morning

Saturday morning I didn't have to go out and freeze sweat in the 8 degree day......and then I got off at 3

Today I slept in, since I traded Sundays I be off today

Ate me a big breakfast, shower, we went to the walmart for groceries since we haven't been for awhile. I've taken the puppy on 2 truck rides

Our people have been without power since last Sunday night. The guy I've been working for lives on top of the mountain, higher than the water tower, he has a pump at the bottom to get water up to his house, it froze up Sunday night before he got the generators working, he has to haul water up from his brothers. Him and his brother cleared their road out to the main road, then they started clearing the main road......they have to keep track of the power lines as they go.

I live in the "big" town, I was without power for about half a day, my house was still above 60 when the power came back on. I do have a generator but power was on before I got home. I got 4X4, all I've had to drive thru is some snow and ice....and with each wave they've been fast at getting it cleared

I've often felt as though I'd like to live 45 min out in the hills.....think I'll stay right here

·
8,402 Posts
it is 43 degrees here @ 1:15 PM and a lot of the snow and ice is gone or is melting.

We had to have the snow removed from our parking lot at Church and we had a full crowd this morning. 😁

One day next week, it is supposed to be close to 60 Deg's or so.

My throttle hand is beginning to thaw out and twitch a bit when I think about riding soon!

Sam::cool:

·
Visionary
4,400 Posts
Sunday was way too nice to not get a ride in, warm with crystal blue skies and not a cloud in sight.
It took some care, ice had formed where the snow melted and froze overnight and some of it remained in shady spots even though it was 40+ degrees out so we stayed on main roads and the interstate but it was still great to put down 50 miles and go out to a diner for brunch on the bikes. Candy maintained her several year 12 month riding status as well now that she got in a February ride.
Monday and it's SNOWING again!
IMG_2081.JPG

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Vanessa bought me a sweet Triumph jacket and pants set for my birthday. Leather/textile combo with lots of vents, can be worn separately or zipped together. She took a class yesterday to get her permit and will be on her new Yamaha this week. I'm really excited for her, and also selfishly, for me to be able to ride without a passenger again some.

8861 - 8880 of 8914 Posts