Motorcycle Forum banner

8841 - 8860 of 8914 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,125 Posts
Texas is going to be making history. Every single county is under a winter weather warning. That’s a first for this Texan and I think the first time historically.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
2 it had just started, 2:15 my truck completely covered in ice, 2:40 its coming down about twice as hard......and evening shift arrives, first time ever he's gotten here outside of 5min to start.

Wife said that earlier they came by and salted......why oh why not scrape too.....well they just come scraping, plowing up slush(that's why they didn't try scraping the ice)

and of course there's a mound of slush at the bottom of driveway

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know what no one did with their bike today.... the GD picture challenge!!! We were on a level 3 until 7 a.m. which means emergency personnel only, they can ticket or detain you for being out. In other news, the end of my driveway is still a skating rink 🥶

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,360 Posts
Were are you located

·
Registered
223 Posts
Were are you located
SE Ohio, we got about 1/4" of ice mixed with snow last night. Had to pour hot water over the truck door and handle to get inside this morning, should have thrown a tarp over it. Just happy the power didn't go. Buddy in Austin, TX said his was going to be out for 36 hours. Sounds like quite a few states got hit hard. Furnace quit working, can't get anyone to look at it anytime soon. Put a ventless gas heater in the basement and it's almost just as good, thankful Ive got a small house.

All I did with my bike today was look at it and day dream about nicer weather after watching a bit of an isle of man documentary. Never watched footage of it before, those folks have some guts... Or a few nuts loose 😁 Crazy that they used to let people drive in the "race direction" during it.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Yesterday

Weather changed, suppose to be nothing today, it snowed for 7hrs, but report says nothing else until tomorrow night, so I was going to take my day off tomorrow.......

1 boss already said he doesn't care how many OT hrs I get as long as its covered......

Nuther boss finally made it in, he said others are still cutting their way out.....he's still cutting and living on a generator

So, I'm coming in tomorrow morning to see if anybody makes it in

Tomorrow night, Thursday and Friday its suppose to hit again.......they're calling for an inch of ice tomorrow night

So I'm heading for 40hrs OT this week......plus the guy I worked for Sunday will be on evening shift starting tomorrow, I may have to stay for evening shift Thursday and Friday.

This morning took my puppy out, we walked around on the snow without leaving a print, it was llike walking on concrete. Drove down the driveway in my '19 4dr Ranger........didn't leave a track, got to the big parking lot at work and drove all over the virgin snow.....not a track

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
It's Wednesday I'm up ready to go in, everything is covered, we got about 3in of snow on top of the ice/concrete, on a day there was to be nothing but cold

edit we had another make it today, I'm heading home to take my day off on a day I don't get 16hrs for 8hrs work

·
8,402 Posts
It is 16 degrees, 7 wind chill. with light snow after snowing an additional 5 inches over night. There is a good 20 inches or so with some 3 foot drifts all around my Home. Lots of times, my my auto-lift garage doors won't open because they are froze to the Concrete!!!! (They worked a few minutes ago)

In order to TRY to drive my New Ram Bighorn, 4x4, Pickup in to work, I have to back down my driveway form my Garage, a 20% grade for about 50 feet, stop and make a hard right turn to proceed down 500 feet of snow to get to the Rural country road and RAM into a 3ft tall snowplow berm as I turn a right angle to the left and then it's 11 miles of snow covered Beauty to get to Daylight Donuts, a mile from my office.

Well, so much for the best laid plans of Mice and Men as my Wife told/ informed/ admonished and cajoled me and even threatened me that , I (ME) ain't goin' nowhere today!!!!!!!!!!! Her office faces West and She can see that absolutely no one has traveled the road this morning! I'm not risking 44 years of a wonderful marriage just to work on some Computers at the Office!

So here I sit with a big mug of hot coffee and a box of Fig Newton's and this will be the most fun I have today!

MY Africa Twin is in the largest barn in the pictures you see below, probably freezing it's Beautiful ARSE off!

Sam 😁

·
Secret Agent
2,360 Posts
It snowed last night, it's snowing good at the moment, supposed to quit in ~3 hours. This is out front of my shop in town, city hasn't cleared streets yet(they did first snow, or main streets anyway.

Looking North ⬆ looking South ⬇

This was miserable Monday morning. I left work around noon, closed up the rest of the day along with yesterday. I'm working today.

Looking eastish⬇

Highway hadn't been cleared yet this morning and I'm guessing county said meh....

·
8,402 Posts
Rod, your last picture looks almost exactly like in front of my Driveway looking West!

Nice pictures by the way. I bet the RED BRICK area in downtown Chanute can get real slick!!!!!!!

Stay safe!

Sam:)

A few days ago at Sunset, looking West.

·
Secret Agent
2,360 Posts
It's asphalt in front of the shop for 1 block off of main street(heading north), then it's brick😁

Yes we get a lot of curbed vehicles from these streets😉

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
385 Posts
We're in pretty much the same shape here as Sam is at his place, so I certainty won't be riding my bike today.😭😭😭 Sheldon looks awfully forlorn out there in the cold garage, being drip-fed by his battery tender. He needs a good dose of sunshine and a good hard ride, just like I do!!! But instead, I'll be working on getting my certifications for the updated 3WBRC and updated Advanced Rider Course. At least it's bike-related, so that's something.(y)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,949 Posts
Looks like your truck turned red from the cold Sam.

Rod you did a great job with the shovel, why not finish? :)

Reactions: Porky

·
Secret Agent
2,360 Posts
Arthritis, handle broke on shovel, hurricane warning somewhere (I'm sure of this one). Any number of reasons.

I did NOT want it to be inviting. Already had one guy call wanting to know if I check shocks. I says not until it dries up.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,949 Posts
Snow blower would work wonders there.

I can't believe you don't want to get under a vehicle today. :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welp, here I am for evening shift, called in again.....which is makes me a little extra money
Working Mon-Tue counted as 32hrs total......OT starts at 40......now is OT because I was called in, and for my 40

Boss said Thur and Fri were closed, which means it wlil be 16hrs each.......Saturday will only count as 8

It looks like 32hrs reg time 48hrs OT.........and thats not counting if I have to work evening shifts Thur-Sat

I'm thinking Street Bob, wife isn't

8841 - 8860 of 8914 Posts