Motorcycle Forum banner

8701 - 8720 of 8729 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
22,828 Posts
We got 1 ½ to 2 inches of snow. Fortunately it appears the roads are passable provided you drive like you got a brain cell or two. That might rule many out so best they stay home.

·
Shadow Moderator
905 Posts
Rain and freezing rain is the forecast here. It's raining right now as I look out my window. Then the temperature starts to drop. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry and 40 degrees. Sounds somewhat promising :)

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Today was warm, just under 50f and dry after yesterdays monsoon so we took the first ride of the year, had a nice lunch then rode home just as the sun set. It was down to 34f by the time we got home, chilly but not bad at all for January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
22,828 Posts
We have freezing fog in the forecast for this morning so no way will we be riding today.

·
On The Road Again!
3,625 Posts
Freezing rain and snow predicted here for Sunday morning.
Arrgghh! Is it spring yet?

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Freezing rain and snow predicted here for Sunday morning.
Arrgghh! Is it spring yet?
I hope you got out for a ride Saturday? It was a beautiful day sandwiched between 2 ugly ones, and with all the rain on Friday the roads were even pretty clean once they dried up around noon. The picture I posted was at a diner in Newton NJ, close to your neck of the woods. You have to grab the good days while you can in Winter.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
After the rain blew by I went for a Sunday ride around the city this morning, enjoying the fact that there is very little traffic today. I saw this building and thought it would make a good photo background.

·
On The Road Again!
3,625 Posts
I hope you got out for a ride Saturday? It was a beautiful day sandwiched between 2 ugly ones, and with all the rain on Friday the roads were even pretty clean once they dried up around noon. The picture I posted was at a diner in Newton NJ, close to your neck of the woods. You have to grab the good days while you can in Winter.
No Mike, I did not.
My bike is in the shop for the winter.
Right now, it's sitting there with the all of the headlights and parking lights
pulled out of the fairing. I'm waiting for some new LED bulbs, and an
alternator warning light unit that will be installed in the front fairing.
After that, I'll start taking the rear end apart to install LEDs back there,
as well as fix a recurring electrical problem.
....got to thinking....
That Goldwing came from the factory with every conceivable accessory known to man.
...cruise control, full stereo, built in CB, clock, dash lights for everything such as
the cruise control, fuel gauge, water temperature gauge, oil pressure warning
light, side stand warning light, neutral light, high beam light....etc etc etc.
But why oh why did a bike that was that expensive NOT come with a idiot light
for the alternator so that you'd know when it stopped alternatin' before you
kill your battery, which is what happened to me this past summer in Vermont?
Anyway, I found a place that still sells an aftermarket alternator warning light
kit for that twenty year old bike. Believe it or not, there is an empty space in the gauge cluster that the warning light will fit right into. Why did the factory leave that opening there but not install a light in it???
It's ordered, and I'm waitin'.

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
No Mike, I did not.
My bike is in the shop for the winter.
Right now, it's sitting there with the all of the headlights and parking lights
pulled out of the fairing. I'm waiting for some new LED bulbs, and an
alternator warning light unit that will be installed in the front fairing.
After that, I'll start taking the rear end apart to install LEDs back there,
as well as fix a recurring electrical problem.
....got to thinking....
That Goldwing came from the factory with every conceivable accessory known to man.
...cruise control, full stereo, built in CB, clock, dash lights for everything such as
the cruise control, fuel gauge, water temperature gauge, oil pressure warning
light, side stand warning light, neutral light, high beam light....etc etc etc.
But why oh why did a bike that was that expensive NOT come with a idiot light
for the alternator so that you'd know when it stopped alternatin' before you
kill your battery, which is what happened to me this past summer in Vermont?
Anyway, I found a place that still sells an aftermarket alternator warning light
kit for that twenty year old bike. Believe it or not, there is an empty space in the gauge cluster that the warning light will fit right into. Why did the factory leave that opening there but not install a light in it???
It's ordered, and I'm waitin'.
They left out the alternator warning light to make room for the in dash espresso maker, priorities you know :cool:

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
35 this morning and no snow at 0400 unlike yesterday , so I rode to work, what else? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
363 Posts
Yesterday...finished up a small of sorts project to remove/inspect/ grease up, the driveshaft in my 05 C90T. I've seen pictures and stories where peeps have all of a sudden lost their drive, and they found out the hard way that the shafts weren't maintained and lubed. Not knowing the bikes past, I decide to do this. I didn't want to experience a driveshaft failure, at home or on the road. Taking it out was easy. Putting it back was another story. I ended up pulling the whole swing arm out. That allowed me to deep clean way up in there and check everything. My saddle bags were put on with a hodge podge of bolts that looked like someone found in the bottom of an old coffee can, so all of those got replaced. I'm replacing every bolt involved with whatever area I mess with. Eventually I'll get them all replaced. They are all mismatched, and that is annoying to me. I'll test ride it this evening. I'm expecting things to be just fine.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Got the Bucs flags flying today. I figured I'll take them off when they win the Super Bowl here in their home town on Feb 7th.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yesterday I started out to do a morning ride on the Kawasaki, got about 4 or 5 miles from home and turned back, say what you want, but it was too damn cold. So last night I dug out the winter gear that I normally use on my fall North Carolina trips to the mountains. This morning I donned it all on, thermal long johns, neck warmer, winter gloves & winter riding jacket that never gets used here in Florida.

I headed out on the Cam Am and did a 130 mile ride into Florida's interior back country. It was 44 degrees when I left, and a very nice 61 degrees by the time I got home this afternoon. About halfway through the ride, I had to start taking some of it off. Love doing these interior rides because you're out in the middle of nowhere, Just woods, forest, cow pastures & swamps, and no traffic.

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
22 this morning on the way to work, but dry as a bone so no ice concerns.
Thank goodness for heated gear.

Not bad for Mid January!

Reactions: Stablefull

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Today's ride in was pretty much a clone of yesterday, a little colder at 19F but I honestly didn't feel the difference, I was warm both days.
We are in the middle of a nice long dry stretch of weather, it can last all winter as far as I'm concerned. People who ski might disagree though...

8701 - 8720 of 8729 Posts