Motorcycle Forum banner

8461 - 8480 of 8544 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Don’t know about your Vision Mike but my Roadmaster is easily shifted without the clutch and rolling starts in second gear means I can go almost all day and never use the clutch. Timing and RPMs the key. Bet you could too with how well you know your bike.

Reactions: mike721

·
Visionary
4,083 Posts
Don’t know about your Vision Mike but my Roadmaster is easily shifted without the clutch and rolling starts in second gear means I can go almost all day and never use the clutch. Timing and RPMs the key. Bet you could too with how well you know your bike.
Your 100% correct, I can shift the Vision without the clutch pretty easily, I have tried it a few times and it's smooth if you match the RPMs, but I also can avoid too many shifts per mile by riding mostly on the Interstate, and that was what I did..check out my other post.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
232 Posts
I did my 12,000 mile oil change on Thursday, then put in 396.5 miles over the last four days! Fri-Sun was riding to and from class, plus gas and food runs in the city, then today I threw caution to the wind and did the last 140 or so running errands all over the place, minus all my tools and rain gear. I needed to make sure I had enough room for a health food store run and an 8 pound prime rib that my husband is going to cook on the smoker on Saturday.🥩😃 I'll be busy the rest of the week getting ready for company to come over the weekend, so I hope to make a candy run to Eureka Springs next week!🤞

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yesterday got oout the GSX-S750 for a quick ride out the ridge and back......nothing special about the ride, getting use to it again after having been riding the M90

Today same ride, almost matched my record going out the ridge......twice starting into right turn had vehicle coming from other direction that made me slow and cut in earlier than I wanted.

Then, going into a right, a car was turning off the road and the truck behind decided to go around, I had about 3 ft on the inside of my lane.......made my butt pucker

Then less than a mile I'm getting ready to dive into the one of the best set of curves on the road and a deer runs in front of me......wasn't close and I over reacted, and after all that I was 10 sec off my best time(which was set by this bike, second time riding it)

I'm now around 350miles on it........after 500 will probablybe the same as broke in, I'll start taking the rpm's up to maybe 8000(11500 redline)........and I really doubt I will ever go over that

·
Registered
811 Posts
So I'm working from home today (as I have been since March), the sun is shining, it's 75 degrees outside, and my wife (who has the day off) is out driving around with her sister. The main road they wanted to take (U.S. Rt 30) was closed for construction so they wandered around in the hilly countryside looking for a way around. She calls me and asks if I've ever heard of Apollo Rd. "No," says I. "You need to go ride it on your motorcycle," says she.

So I made the executive decision to time-shift my working hours into the evening and went to ride this Apollo Rd. 120 mile round trip to get there, ride it, and ride home. Turns out it's a county road that's pretty well paved (chip seal) and very hilly and very curvy.

And even if the road hadn't been all that great, it was still a terrific afternoon for a ride! There were many many bikes out this afternoon.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
232 Posts
So I'm working from home today (as I have been since March), the sun is shining, it's 75 degrees outside, and my wife (who has the day off) is out driving around with her sister. The main road they wanted to take (U.S. Rt 30) was closed for construction so they wandered around in the hilly countryside looking for a way around. She calls me and asks if I've ever heard of Apollo Rd. "No," says I. "You need to go ride it on your motorcycle," says she.

So I made the executive decision to time-shift my working hours into the evening and went to ride this Apollo Rd. 120 mile round trip to get there, ride it, and ride home. Turns out it's a county road that's pretty well paved (chip seal) and very hilly and very curvy.

And even if the road hadn't been all that great, it was still a terrific afternoon for a ride! There were many many bikes out this afternoon.
As a full-time Domestic Goddess, I make those kinds of "executive decisions" all the time! 😃

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts

I get started down what looks like will be a great road here and the darn thing turns to gravel. Then I have to make the decision to keep going and see if it turns into a cow path or not. Some do some don't. Is it my lucky day or not? Except for dealing with gravel and now an even dustier bike, I do get to see areas very few get to see. I love exploring. My days for speed are well behind me so no problem going slower to see where a road ends or meets another road. I always forget to take pictures though. Gives me an excuse to go back and once again forget to take pictures. I got to work on that picture taking problem.:(

·
Registered
811 Posts
I always forget to take pictures though. Gives me an excuse to go back and once again forget to take pictures. I got to work on that picture taking problem.:(
That's me, too. My wife always asks to see pictures and I just shrug and say, "You know me, hon."

I usually ride with my smart phone clamped onto the handlebar with my nav/tracking app running. It's a bit of a pain to unclamp it, take pictures, clamp it back. Plus I'm always wearing gloves and they're not very useable with the phone's touch screen even though the glove fingertips have the touch material on them (too big and bulky). I think my solution is going to be to throw a small digital camera into my tank bag. It has controls that I can operate with gloved hands and should be quick/easy to get some good pictures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went on my first group ride last night that wasn't part of a charity ride or something. About 20 sport bikes of different types. Was a lot of fun and nice temps in the 60s.

And of course we did the speed limit the whole time...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
My super walmart isn't real good, I'd say it has a lot to do with the employees

Couple times I've traveled 30 miles to another(better) walmart to get desired items

Today I rode the C90T to go after some boots, nothing happened interstate there and back

Stopped at my Kawasaki dealer, he had bikes I just had to sit on, took up all my time , I was going to take the 60mile way back

Start midnights tonight, so if we have warm weather in the afternoon like we've been having, I'll get to enjoy it

·
On The Road Again!
3,511 Posts
What did I do with my bike today?
Lessee.....
It rained all day yesterday.
It rained all day today.
It's gonna rain all day tomorrow.
....Not a damned thing!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The plan....Ride the GSXS to get gas 30 miles away, then come back the 100+mile route, and that would make 500miles time to change oil and up the rpms

Went to garage all ready to go, rear tire looks low, had to roll it back to get to valve, definitely flat, found the screw in the tire, head hasn't been marred up, so I guess I picked it up in the garage.....damnit

Changed helmets and took the C90T for a ride, stayed off the big curves

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The plan....Ride the GSXS to get gas 30 miles away, then come back the 100+mile route, and that would make 500miles time to change oil and up the rpms

Went to garage all ready to go, rear tire looks low, had to roll it back to get to valve, definitely flat, found the screw in the tire, head hasn't been marred up, so I guess I picked it up in the garage.....damnit

Changed helmets and took the C90T for a ride, stayed off the big curves
A bit of a mental adjustment, no doubt, but it's got to be nice to have a secondary option! How much mileage is on the tire?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
A bit of a mental adjustment, no doubt, but it's got to be nice to have a secondary option! How much mileage is on the tire?
At that time about 300 miles, same as bike.

Plugged it today, then put about 30 miles on it testing.......good to go

Screw is same type that would go thru my garage sheet metal into the frame, even had rubber and metal washers. I went over the entire garage, not 1 missing + this one had no paint on it, in my garage they are all painted green or white

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
At that time about 300 miles, same as bike.

Plugged it today, then put about 30 miles on it testing.......good to go

Screw is same type that would go thru my garage sheet metal into the frame, even had rubber and metal washers. I went over the entire garage, not 1 missing + this one had no paint on it, in my garage they are all painted green or white
Ugh, that sux! Well, maybe an excuse to stick better tires on? Usually stock tires aren't top o' the line.

I did a crap ton of reading people's opinions when I thought I had same issue and they ran the spectrum, from "I wouldn't roll it across my garage with a plug in it" to "I kept my speed under 160 for 3000 miles and it was fine"... :LOL:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Ugh, that sux! Well, maybe an excuse to stick better tires on? Usually stock tires aren't top o' the line.

I did a crap ton of reading people's opinions when I thought I had same issue and they ran the spectrum, from "I wouldn't roll it across my garage with a plug in it" to "I kept my speed under 160 for 3000 miles and it was fine"... :LOL:
I'll run it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'll run it.
Okay, but be careful, i.e. check that thing before every ride! Here is an article I just found that seems to give an even handed look at the issue if you are interested...

·
On The Road Again!
3,511 Posts
President of my bike club got a flat tire down in Tennessee last summer.
We plugged it at the side of the road.
She's still riding that tire a year and a half later.
In fact it went all up through New England this summer.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,870 Posts
President of my bike club got a flat tire down in Tennessee last summer.
We plugged it at the side of the road.
She's still riding that tire a year and a half later.
In fact it went all up through New England this summer.

I replaced my tires on my CBR this summer, the rear had been on there over 8 years and had a plug in it all 8 years. Never did go flat.

Today however, beautiful day! Sunny, not much wind, ~57 degrees! Funny how 57 and sunny seems like excellent riding weather as opposed to cloudy and 57.

8461 - 8480 of 8544 Posts