533 Posts
Reactions: Stablefull

·
American Legion Rider
22,141 Posts

·
Visionary
3,950 Posts
Sunday I went for a nice 120 mile ride on rural NJ roads ( NJ 519, NJ 521 for the locals) with my wife Candy and her daughter Missy on their Scouts, while I was riding my Vision, the unusual part for me was that I had a passenger.
Dani is Missy's friend and roommate and when Missy said she was going out riding she asked could she come along to see the fall leaves? Missy's bobber doesn't have a backseat so she asked me if I would take her, it was Dani's first time on a bike but she was very relaxed and made a good passenger, and we had no problems on those twisty, hilly back roads. I remembered to add pressure to my rear air suspension and the bike handled well, the last time I had a pillion I didn't do that and it made a big difference. I do have to remember to take the extra air out though, I forgot to do that now that I'm thinking about it.
The weather was nice, warm but cloudy, perfect riding weather. We made a lunch stop at the Jumboland diner then headed home, got to Bangor, PA to drop off my passenger just before darkness fell.

IMG_4374.JPG IMG_0059.PNG IMG_4365.JPG

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
324 Posts
Saturday oil change. Didn't think I would ever put 4k miles on it in a year but I did.

·
American Legion Rider
22,141 Posts
Sunday I went for a nice 120 mile ride
Did 135 and change myself Mike. My radar is already up watching for fall leafs. It was dry here yesterday so blasted on through one curve that had some down. In fact so dry and warm that we broke a record high at 100*. That’s very warm for this time of year.

Reactions: Porky and mike721

·
Visionary
3,950 Posts
Did 135 and change myself Mike. My radar is already up watching for fall leafs. It was dry here yesterday so blasted on through one curve that had some down. In fact so dry and warm that we broke a record high at 100*. That’s very warm for this time of year.
Yeah, the leaves are down all around here already, it was dry yesterday but there were leaves all over those roads. Today I was a wimp, with the remnants of hurricane Delta hitting here with about an inch of rain it's not nice out at all. I got up this morning, put on my boots then looked out at the cold, wet darkness at 0330 and decided to give my poor, neglected Subaru a little action and the bikes stayed home for a change.

·
Visionary
3,950 Posts
I'm also planning on selling the Burgman 650 (3,500 miles) and the 4 month old Africa Twin Adventure Sports (1,835 miles) and 'Bank' the proceeds in my 'Motorcycle fund account' until maybe March 2021 or so.
Sam:)
You better sell those quick or you might have to change the oil! :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,290 Posts
Yeah, the leaves are down all around here already, it was dry yesterday but there were leaves all over those roads. Today I was a wimp, with the remnants of hurricane Delta hitting here with about an inch of rain it's not nice out at all. I got up this morning, put on my boots then looked out at the cold, wet darkness at 0330 and decided to give my poor, neglected Subaru a little action and the bikes stayed home for a change.

Good call Mike, there is more coming your way. Started around 5 pm yesterday here and it has slowed down, but still sprinkling as I type this at almost 2:30

Reactions: mike721

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,664 Posts
Today was new air filter day on my 06 CBR 1000rr, first time in 14 years🤭. Also installing a Speedo healer.

Ran immediately in to my first issue in this disclaimer. I guess we'll see.

Removed seat a tank cowling

Pulled the two side fuel tank bolts out, lifted tank and stuck an all thread through the mounting point to support the tank(genius!)

Pretty simple to access the air filters(compared to the AT)

They needed changed...

While the tank was up, this gives great access to the speed sensor on top the transmission. Unplugged it and inserted the speedohealer wire harness in-between the sensor plugs. Located speedohealer control unit under passenger seat(easy key access), and ran the top speed indicator wire up to the handlebars (it's not necessary, but it's included so I used it).

Reassembled, no bolts or clips left over!

I guesstimated how far it was off, think 66 indicated, 60 actual. Programmed in a -09.1 value and went for a spin. I guesstimated wrong. At this value I was 58/59 indicated, 60 actual. Reprogrammed unit, I'll see how close I am on the way home.

·
7,902 Posts
I just do the math in my large and brain filled cranium, after checking indicated speed versus one of those stationary radar displays!

Sam:)

·
Secret Agent
1,664 Posts
My reprogram of -06.6 is dead on, at least at 21,30,55,60 and 70😁

Surprisingly, those stationary radar, and those trailer radar units are made here in Chanute KS, but we haven't had them here in quite some time(set out on display), except for the stationary ones at the highschool.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well not a motorcycle thing but it will help with future motorcycle things. I sold my 2017 Ram Rebel and that freed up a bit over $500 per. So now redirect that $$$ to the CT125 and I will be all smiles.

Reactions: Porky

·
Secret Agent
1,664 Posts
My bike(s) get a break today. I hauled trash at the shop. Having already maintained ever motorcycle and ATV I own, while leaving the dump I decided why not put my new fuel pump in my truck.

01 chevy 2500HD, bought new, just turned over 60k. For the past several years, it doesn't like to fire right up without cycling the ignition once or twice. Checked pump pressure a few years back and it'd hit ~40psi on first cycle, generally hitting ~50 psi on second cycle. 50 psi is about minimum to get a good start, and it's supposed to be 60 psi.

About 4 years ago I bought a new pump, been sitting in my office waiting... I detest dropping fuel tanks so I used my gantry crane.

Makes removing and installing a bed a one man job. New pump installed and it fires right up. Doesn't act like it's starving for fuel when moving out anymore either. Now I'll be able to haul my dirt bike or ATV's, more efficiently 😁

·
Registered
533 Posts
My bike(s) get a break today. I hauled trash at the shop. Having already maintained ever motorcycle and ATV I own, while leaving the dump I decided why not put my new fuel pump in my truck.

01 chevy 2500HD, bought new, just turned over 60k. For the past several years, it doesn't like to fire right up without cycling the ignition once or twice. Checked pump pressure a few years back and it'd hit ~40psi on first cycle, generally hitting ~50 psi on second cycle. 50 psi is about minimum to get a good start, and it's supposed to be 60 psi.

About 4 years ago I bought a new pump, been sitting in my office waiting... I detest dropping fuel tanks so I used my gantry crane.

View attachment 64046

Makes removing and installing a bed a one man job. New pump installed and it fires right up. Doesn't act like it's starving for fuel when moving out anymore either. Now I'll be able to haul my dirt bike or ATV's, more efficiently 😁

I never drop tanks on trucks that will let me access the pumps from the bed. Removing the bed is so much easier. If the weather holds this weekend I am going to a friends house to fix her fuel pump issues. He had a "mechanic friend" put a new pump in her truck and he dropped the tank. Then after he put the tank back in he couldn't get the filler hose on and just walked away from the job. She still has no truck, and he took her money. I am going to lift the bed, remove the pump to make sure he put it in correctly and then put everything back the way it should be. Weather pending of course.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,290 Posts

View attachment 64046

4 years sitting on the shelf? You must be a professional mechanic! :)

8281 - 8300 of 8369 Posts