Motorcycle Forum banner

8121 - 8132 of 8132 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
146 Posts
Well I'm sure glad RG got to show you that not all guys riding EG's are slow and you got a nice ride out of it. I used to love opening the eyes of other riders myself about the abilities of EG's. Way to go RG! (y)
I have some friends who have been riding some 40+ years and they can throw their big ol' Harleys around in the twisties like overgrown sport bikes, too. It's all about the rider, that's for sure. Way to go, RG!!!(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
You write up a much more interesting summary than I do, Bazininja. I enjoyed the ride and I liked watching you ride. And I slept real good last night too. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Processed a few more pieces of rusty bikes parts into and out of the Evapo-Rust solution. I am going to be painting a few of the pieces here soon but there has been too much ash in the sky lately and I don't want my paint to be all buggered up. I'm almost ready to start putting this bike back together!!

Reactions: Stablefull

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,109 Posts
Glad you guys had a good time, Porky would have just slowed you down

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
We found out this evening that our power will be out and our road will be shut off for most of the day tomorrow, so I needed to go get cash for my friend that has been working on my place. I took off on the Scrambler at 11:40. Had a wonderful night ride in the cool air, got to the cash machine at 11:58 and was able to get 2 days' worth so I don't need to hit the bank tomorrow, and rode home. A super fun, relaxing 23 mile ride at the end of riding season.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
146 Posts
We found out this evening that our power will be out and our road will be shut off for most of the day tomorrow, so I needed to go get cash for my friend that has been working on my place. I took off on the Scrambler at 11:40. Had a wonderful night ride in the cool air, got to the cash machine at 11:58 and was able to get 2 days' worth so I don't need to hit the bank tomorrow, and rode home. A super fun, relaxing 23 mile ride at the end of riding season.
You mean riding season ENDS???:confused::confused: I thought that's why God created heated gear!!:D

·
Registered
383 Posts
I assembled most of my bike!! I got about 80% done last night. I wont have any large jobs until I get the spokes for the wheels or the engine vapor blasted and bored.

·
Visionary
3,800 Posts
I took a little ride.

More details to follow.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You mean riding season ENDS???:confused::confused: I thought that's why God created heated gear!!:D
In the rest of the world, winter means cold weather that can be dealt with by adding layers. In western Washington it means rain. Not downpouring floodlike rain like you have in Kansas and Missouri; it's pretty much a nonstop drizzle from October to May here. There will be clear days and I will ride when they come, but they aren't often.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,359 Posts
I spent the last week and a half turning this

In to this

Probably wouldn't have finished it this week had a rather large job that was scheduled for this past Monday (and owner verified the Friday before), not show up. I'd slated two weeks to repair his truck. The guy dropped his truck off this afternoon... Apparently got called out to Iowa.
Never the less. My 06 crf250x received the following:
Front and rear brakes
Anti freeze flush
Oil/filter
Transmission fluid changed
Forks rebuilt
Carburetor removed and cleaned
Front and rear tires and tubes
All new plastics
Grips
Hand guard covers

The whole time my AT faithfully transported me too and from work, never complaining about it's neglect.
I rewarded it today with a bath.

8121 - 8132 of 8132 Posts