Motorcycle Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7843 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
865 Posts
Seems to track real well on both, I can't feel it back there. I've probably only loaded it with ~35lbs max so far so that make total trailer weight at ~65lbs.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Rain, rain, rain and more rain. Haven't done anything with the bike since changing the oil and filter. After an air pressure check, it'll be ready to roll, but ain't doing that until the rain is over with.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Rained last night, but missed me most all yesterday. Says 70% chance in the 11-1 time slot today and again around 5. I left the trailer at home and rode. I think it'll miss me!

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Didn't rain at lunch, just had a nice rain about an hour ago. Sun's out and it's a humid mofo right now.

Got rain gear, that's all I threw in my top box, hoping to ward off the rains😁

·
Registered
923 Posts
Finished reading Sportbike Suspension Tuning (as recommended by UK (y) ), made a few small changes to everything, went for a 60 mile ride, and was pleased with: 1) how the bike felt on less than stellar pavement and, 2) that I was able to tell the difference between the old and new settings!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I pulled the T-Bird out of the garage to ride over and take Vanessa for a ride. Halle came running over to watch. F$%k. Forgot the dog was with me. No go, put it back in the garage. I can't wait until she and the kids move in so I'm not going back and forth between houses.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The wife and I made a Luna Lake-Alpine run for lunch today, 232 kilometers. We ate lunch at the Bear Wallow Cafe in Alpine, good stuff. Alpine, Arizona is at the north end of the Devil's Highway (old rte 666). It was absolutely gorgeous weather for a fabulous ride to end the month of July. We have a lot of great weather days here in northern Arizona, but today was one of the best. Temperatures run between 22*c to 27*c during the ride and a high of 32*c when we got back in town at the end of the ride. Sunshine, dry, blue sky with a few white puffy clouds and light cross winds.

Lots of other bikers out for a Friday, and only one bull Elk that let us pass before he crossed the road!

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Bonus points for nice smile AND matching helmets!

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
It was a sweltering 72 degrees and overcast, when I rode to the county seat to get tags for all my vehicles today. Last day of the month, but I'm a month early!
While waiting inline, the guy behind starts a conversation. Asks my name, says thought I was someone else. I says nope, I am who I am. Couple minutes later he says 'what did you say your name was?' then proceeds to tell me he took my senior high school pictures. I says I thought he looked vaguely familiar, but his hairs different (gone). He says well we've both aged then!🙂

I still don't know his name..

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I bought a tire off eBay. $118.00. Was a day late, delivery wise. But, I'm happy. It's a fresh one. View attachment 62908
Lol, a day late😂🤣

I bought an item off eBay from someone in Colorado last week. They delivered item to post office in Denver on the 23rd, USPS said it'll arrive the 27th.

Since the 28th USPS just says my item is arriving late, no scans since. You're lucky

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Not much nowadays, go to any shipper's website and browse the covid delay warnings.

It affects businesses, so an individual is pretty small fry.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Not much nowadays, go to any shipper's website and browse the covid delay warnings.

It affects businesses, so an individual is pretty small fry.
Ain't that the truth. Co vid. The standard excuse for why it doesn't happen nowadays.
Thing is, the seller in this case had no business stating he guaranteed delivery on a certain date.
Unless he lives under a rock, or is being deceptive. I could have gotten the same tire for 40.00 less, without the guarantee.
But, eBay is stepping in with a voucher offer or something.

The seller screwed up, the seller should pay.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
The kids went to their dad's for the weekend so last night Vanessa and I ran up to Burlington for dinner at the Train Wreck, which is a pub next to the train tracks with great food. Pulled pork for her, fish n chips for me. I had a bite of hers and had buyer's remorse, even though the fish was really good. I know what I will be having next time ;)

We rode home down Highway 9, which has some good curves in places. It got dark on us and I have discovered that I really don't care for riding at night. That being said, I just slowed down a bit and rode my own ride, and we made it home safely. A great time as always. Along the way the speedo turned past 18,000. It was just shy of 16,000 when we bought it. This is the first bike I have ever put 2k miles on. In terms of saddle time, I am really still a newbie

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Beautiful evening for a ride! Took the copilot along and son went too. Little under a hundred miles. Upper 70's, clear skies!

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
I put a new battery in my Goldwing today.
The old battery was in the bike when I got it from my buddy
four years ago , and he didn't remember when he put
that battery in the bike, so I figured it was time for a new one.
You know, do unto it before it does unto me.
When I pulled the old battery out, there was a handwritten sticker
on it that said "May 2012". Hmm....Over eight years! That's not
bad for any battery. And it was still starting the bike fine!
I doubt that the new one will last that long. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I put a new battery in my Goldwing today.
The old battery was in the bike when I got it from my buddy
four years ago , and he didn't remember when he put
that battery in the bike, so I figured it was time for a new one.
You know, do unto it before it does unto me.
When I pulled the old battery out, there was a handwritten sticker
on it that said "May 2012". Hmm....Over eight years! That's not
bad for any battery. And it was still starting the bike fine!
I doubt that the new one will last that long. We'll see.
Wow, that is a long time!!! I think a lot depends on how good the new nattery is and whether or not you keep it on a tender.

7761 - 7780 of 7843 Posts