Motorcycle Forum banner

7741 - 7760 of 7843 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I rode 220 miles yesterday to my nephew's wedding then rode the 220 miles back home this morning. Sun shining and my thermometer reading between 90 and 95. I super slabbed it both ways since I couldn't take any time off work.

I think the Covid-19 pandemic has changed the way most people drive. For most of the way the speed limit was 70, and I was doing 80 to keep up with traffic. I may have let the speedo creep up past 100 a few times... oops! But not a cop in sight.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
For a long while, it seems like the county mounties around here were only responding to calls, and traffic enforcement was nearly at a standstill. But last week I saw the Arkansas State Police had a couple cars stopped on the interstate, and the city cops seemed a bit more active.

Don't know if they're returning to normal or, it might be that some people were just trying to see how much they could get away with and pushed just a little too much.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
That sure is a good looking Vic Mike. (y)

Reactions: mike721

·
Registered
248 Posts
Last week, I had the whole week off. It actualy started the Thursday before. My brother and I did a 2 hour (took our time) ride to my sons house in Georgetown Tx. We have never been on a trip with an out of town destination before. I knew we would be fine. Had to pack a few days clothes and things. So we had a home base we could stay at for a few nights. The first day we rode over to the Pennybacker Bridge. Beautiful scenery from the lookout point. The GPS was being silly and using a phone and riding is not something I'll do so the ride to it wasn't the best path chosen but we did it. The ride back to his house took us down I-35 with heavy traffic. It turned out ok because things were moving very slow. We got kinda boxed in by some big trucks. I didn't like it at first, but realized that where we were, other traffic couldn't really get to us so it made a safe zone of sorts. The next day we left Georgetown on 29. Rode that across to Bertram. Picked up 243 and 1774 through Oatmeal Tx then through the Doeskin Ranch and beside the Balconies Wildlife preserve. Absolutely beautiful part of Texas I had never seen before. We made it into Marble Falls. Then we doubled back and found Lime Creek road and rode it. Then made our way back to Georgetown. It was hot but well worth it. It was also a ride I like I had always wanted to do but never have. On the way home we stopped in Taylor to try the Louie Muller BBQ. It was pretty good and worth the wait. The building was smoked stained floor to ceiling. Then we rode the back way into Caldwell Tx. That was a cool ride too. I'll be riding this again and other rides like it. There are plenty of available pics online of these places if anyone would like to look them up.

·
Visionary
3,654 Posts
That sure is a good looking Vic Mike. (y)
Thanks!
I really should ride it more, I bought it with 2.5 K and it's only at about 25K miles in the 3 years I've owned it, but it's a great bike! I love the curved lines it has, and the power to weight of the 106 in the minimal package makes it a lot of fun on a warm day.

·
7,502 Posts
OATMEAL, TEXAS !!!!! Sounds delicious/ 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Nice ride reports Folks!

Sam:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
It was an interesting place. Not much there. Google up Oatmeal Tx water tower. Discovering this kind of stuff is what riding to is all about.

·
Visionary
3,654 Posts
Texas has some fun place names, so does my home state of Pennsylvania.
One day when things get back to normal I want to do a ride that starts in Texas and ends in Pennsylvania, it's called the Earth to Moon Adventure.

Earth, TX to Moon, PA

I've never been to Earth but I've been to Moon many times, we stay at a hotel there when we visit relatives, and I thought it would be fun to take the long way there one time :cool:

Reactions: Porky

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
We went looking for puppies in Intercourse, Bird-in-hand and Paradise. PA a couple of years ago.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
We went looking for puppies in Intercourse, Bird-in-hand and Paradise. PA a couple of years ago.
I'm really surprised the PC police haven't made them change the town name of intercourse to something else. Pokefun would be a good alternative don't you think? :rolleyes:

·
7,502 Posts
Larry, did you see what that nice young man posted ! I'm mortified:love:

HOT POCKETS.

Sam

·
Registered
706 Posts
I always found the names of two tiny towns in southern Ohio pretty humorous. One is called Getaway, and in the next county over is Sedan. Neither of them show up on Google maps, but they do in MapQuest.

And if you're looking for Utopia, it can be found just a few miles down-river of Getaway/Sedan.

·
Visionary
3,654 Posts
Pennsylvania has some great names, everyone knows about Intercourse but what about Big Beaver, Virginville, Blue Ball, and of course Bird in Hand.

We not only have Moon, but we have Mars and Venus too.

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
12,844 Posts
Mike, you forgot Climax. But that is a long way from Intercourse. All the way across the state. :)
Paradise.

You can't make this $h!t up.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
Now that you are going down that path, don't forget Cumming Ga.

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
865 Posts
So after pulling my trailer a few days I decided I'd like to keep an eye on it without tilting a mirror to it. Checked in to some WiFi cameras that will display real time video to a phone and found a small camera on Amazon.

It's USB powered so I picked up a step down converter with dual USB to hardwire in to the PC 8 I'd got from Eastern Beaver.

Loaded up the 'F-car' app on my old phone(didn't want to put my current phone in a motorcycle mount), powered up the camera to see if it's work. It was totally plug and play. Camera powered on, launch app on phone, I'm viewing what the camera sees.

Taped the camera under the factory rear rack on my AT just to see how it'd look video wise. Here's some screenshots.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I added a larger top case and larger handlebar pouch, plus added a new license plate frame today. Before and after photos showing the difference in top cases. The first photo is of the new case (1.5 gal larger than the one in the bottom photo) and more low profile. Between the trunk or frunk located just under the windshield and between the headlights, and the new larger top case, I should be good to go on storage for any in state rides. If I take it on my annual trip to the mountains, I'll have to either add saddlebags or side cases. I have two sets here for the other bikes, but I'll have to fab some brackets for the Can Am.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
Cool Zebra. I bet you'll have no problem fabricating some mounts for saddlebags to hang down from under the top case but will it support that much weight there? Guess you'll be finding out. Might want to start now cause time flies as we get older.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Cool Zebra. I bet you'll have no problem fabricating some mounts for saddlebags to hang down from under the top case but will it support that much weight there? Guess you'll be finding out. Might want to start now cause time flies as we get older.:rolleyes:
Hopefully, It should be able to hold the weight. The weight capacity was one of the deciding factors for me because I wanted to to be able to carry additional luggage when needed.That rear section that comes up right behind the drivers seat is called the Max Rack, Its bolted on and it comes standard on the Rally Edition. Its not included with the other two models, but it is available for them as an $300 add-on accessory. The weight shouldn't be a problem because that back section is designed to hold a passenger seat, (which is an additional accessory).

That rear section is modular and designed to hold several different accessories from a passenger seat, several different top boxes, Rod & Tool holders, and even an available cooler (all are tooless quick release/attach). That cast aluminum plate attached to the Max Rack is called the LinQ Rack, which is also quick release. That is what all the different LinQ accessories attach to. Once that plate is removed, the passenger seat is then able to be attached to the Max Rack.

Its a pretty slick modular system, Too me, the accessories are expensive for what they are, so needless to say I cant afford to purchase everything I would like to have right now. Here's a pic that might help explain how it works.

·
12,844 Posts
I think that will work. How is that trailer tracking paved and gravel road

So after pulling my trailer a few days I decided I'd like to keep an eye on it without tilting a mirror to it. Checked in to some WiFi cameras that will display real time video to a phone and found a small camera on Amazon.

View attachment 62848

It's USB powered so I picked up a step down converter with dual USB to hardwire in to the PC 8 I'd got from Eastern Beaver.

Loaded up the 'F-car' app on my old phone(didn't want to put my current phone in a motorcycle mount), powered up the camera to see if it's work. It was totally plug and play. Camera powered on, launch app on phone, I'm viewing what the camera sees.

Taped the camera under the factory rear rack on my AT just to see how it'd look video wise. Here's some screenshots.

View attachment 62849
View attachment 62850
View attachment 62851

7741 - 7760 of 7843 Posts