Motorcycle Forum banner

7521 - 7540 of 7593 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
61 Posts
Added a Gremlin Bell! It's a St. Christopher one from my friend in Iowa. We spent Wednesday-Friday (when we weren't working) in Kansas City giggling like a couple of 16 year-old girls!:LOL::LOL::LOL: Can't wait 'til she gets down her on her NINJA 300 in September!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Didn't ride all weekend, was too busy digging holes, pouring concrete and building new wooden steps and an extension to the patios in the yard. In 95F and what felt like 111% humidity with thunderstorms! Riding into work this morning on my 08 Vision was a great feeling, even though with it 75F at 4 Am it's bound to be another hot one later today.
We spent an hour under the chicken coop after church yesterday, securing the chicken wire to keep the varmints from getting in and eating our chickens. That was long enough, especially for a Sunday. Then my husband and I retired to the "fort" that was on the acreage we bought recently, to take well-deserved naps. The neighbor from whom we bought the land had built our log home (it was his son's) and he had built this log fort for the grandkids when they were little. It has an open-air second floor with a roof. The stairs and some of the decking had deteriorated so my husband fixed it and we put a futon up there, along with a few other creature comforts. It's nestled in the woods so it's noticeably cooler there, even cooler than our covered wraparound porch on the house. It feels like we're camping in the woods!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Checked the weather at 530 am today. It looked good so I rode into work. Then it started raining. Luckily when it was time to go from where I was, it had cleared, but...at the first stop light the back end goes Bronco Billy Style twice before I got it stopped. I new it might be slick so I wasn't pushing anything and had it in mind to be careful. The other people at the intersection probably got a good show. I'll be extra careful on the way home. (yes, I have new tires, probaly 500 miles on them)

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
565 Posts
^^ABS🤭

Today, being 30 days from buying my AT, I rode to the county seat to get my tag and pay my pittance to the higher ups.

While waiting on the typery to be completed, a guy walks in with a black t shirt on that said in big white letters 'nancy pelosi sucks!'. Several in there got a chuckle.

Used to be when you tagged your vehicle, you got a tag. Now, since 2018, I assume having something to do with our newly elected governor, they stopped doing that.

So now you get a print out of your tag on a piece of paper, they then fold that around a tag shaped piece of white cardboard (racist!), And stuff it in a weather tight plastic baggy.

I asked when did this tom foolery start, lady says 2018. I says why? Lady says they think it'll save money. I said mailing out everyone's tags is gonna save money? She says, yeah, I know...

Well, 1301.15 later, I'm good until August 2021, but I don't have my official tag.

Now on another retarded note. I took a photo of a current style tag that was last on my old 07 VFR800. I asked if that tag could be used on my new bike (to save that state a buck or two). Nope!

·
On The Road Again!
3,152 Posts
LOL! Be careful with new tires. Those babies can be slippery!
Although I would have thought that by 500 miles, the 'new' would have worn off of them.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I can't think of very many outdoor things that are fun with a heat index of 95. Maybe sitting in the shade with a frosty glass of lemonade?
I'll start prepping my bike/collecting all my gear this evening for my track day this Friday. Of course, it's supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far in the area... a sweet 92!

·
Visionary
3,533 Posts
this morning I rubbed my hand on it wishing i could ride it. Maybe after work today.
Why not ride it to work? More than half of my riding is commuting. The only struggle is fighting the urge to ride past the garage and just keep going....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
565 Posts
Sometimes I do need a truck at work. I keep one of mine in the shop so I've always got something there to drive should I need to haul something or if weather turns to dodo. Otherwise I ride away from home in the mornings and back to home in the evenings. Luckily, the sun is to my back both ways. And there's just something about a morning ride that just makes the day better!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Put my bike in the trailer today and the wife's bike in the shop. Pulled the front wheel off so I could put a new front tire on it. The old tire still has tread on it, but I noticed the sidewalls are cracking open. As soon as I get that done, I get to do the rear tire, it's bald.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why not ride it to work? More than half of my riding is commuting. The only struggle is fighting the urge to ride past the garage and just keep going....
I figure about 85% of my riding is running errands for the benefit of my family (thus, the 121 liters of storage on a NINJA 650), 10% is commuting to teach classes, and 5% is just plain goofing around. Hmm...I need to work on that, huh??:giggle:

·
American Legion Rider
20,598 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before I retired I'll admit I had a few sick days that were not. A few times I did go right on by my turn off then found a phone to say how sick I was. Sick of work was more like it. Some days when things were just clicking right and no one was being a jerk, it was hard to make that last turn. In 30+ years I don't think I did it more than 5 times. I remember 3 as they turned into great rides so maybe it was just 3 times but I'll give a buffer of 2 just in case since wrong is wrong. They got it back with those times I had to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week. First customer shipments were always never racking.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Went out to the shop this morning and mounted the front wheel on the wife's bike. (I didn't get it done yesterday.) Then I turned it around, jacked it up and strapped it down and figured out how to get the rear wheel off. Boy! Started getting warm early today.
Then I went into the house and tried to find a YouTube video showing how to remove the rear wheel on this bike. Clicked on 3 different videos, all of them were the same guy that didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing! Heck with it, it ain't that big a job!
So back out to the shop I went. Dang its warm! Maybe I can lose weight by sweating. I get my cell phone out, take a few photos of how things are supposed to look, then I start removing nuts and bolts and pitching them in to an old ice cream bucket.
Then I go to loosen the axle nut. Damn who put that thing on there?!!! I don't know what the torque spec is supposed to be on that nut, (yet), but I'm sure it ain't 40 gazillion foot pounds! I had to use a 4 foot cheater bar to crack that sucker loose!
Finally got the rear wheel off. Went in the house, washed up and ate some lunch. It is so nice and cool in the house. Then back out to the shop. Its like an oven in there now. Pull the valve stem core and break the beads using my cheater bar on the Harbor Freight tire changer.
Got the old tire off and the new one on the wheel in just a few minutes. If someone had been watching me, they would have thought I knew what I was doing. I didn't know that was going to be the easy part. I put the valve stem core back in because my air chuck won't work without a core in the stem.
Lots of soapy water and air and I can't get it to take air. My old air compressor is small and has seen better days, I think its about time for a new one. I try bouncing the tire, I put a strap around it and tighten it down, nothing works. So I load it up and take it to a friends house. He's got a bigger, newer air compressor.
Soap up the beads again, put the air to it and pop! pop! its done. I bring it back home, put it in the shop and close up. Its too durned hot! I'll put it on in the morning. Came in the house, drank a big glass of water (there went my weight loss) and took a shower.
Thats what I did with my wifes bike today.

7521 - 7540 of 7593 Posts