Motorcycle Forum banner

7081 - 7100 of 7124 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
This past winter I bent my gear shift lever. Yesterday, I tool it off, wrapped a piece of motorcycle tire inner tube around it, put it in my vise and straightened it up a great deal. It's not perfect, but it didn't break (which I was expecting to happen from past experience).

Anyway, it looks a lot better now.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
It laid down in the shop. I had slid my jack under it from the right side. I was letting it down and as it started leaning over on to the jiffy stand, the jiffy stand folded up. I couldn't stop it from going over, but I was able to let it down real easy.

Then I ordered a mustache bar in case it ever happens again.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Now I'm going to go get the Yamaha out of the trailer and go for a ride because it's looking too good out not to go for a ride. Adios! :cool:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Beautiful day so I rode to Skyline Drive, intending to buy a season pass. The ranger station was closed so I took advantage of the very light traffic and rode 20 miles or so before turning around...

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,036 Posts
There are some great roads in that area. looks like it was a very clear day

·
Registered
668 Posts
There are some great roads in that area. looks like it was a very clear day
Yes! Skyline is about the only one I haven't traveled on due to the fees. I was a bit shocked at how much the temp dropped at elevation but, with the sun shining, it was tolerable. Unfortunately, the only wildlife I saw was squirrels...

·
6,728 Posts
I have closed down my Businesses for a while and started non-procrastinated work around the Farm today!

It was beautiful with blue skies, no wind and got to a high of 80 degrees or so.

Unhooked the Indian from its life support battery tender, dusted it off and rode it about 20 miles, filled the gas tank up and did a light detail job on it. It started in 1/2 second and idled and ran perfect and my ride in 75 degree weather sure felt good but I had more work to do:

Hooked up 2 battery tenders to my ZTR's to start getting them ready for their yearly maintenance to get them ready for the arduous task ahead that will last from now until the middle of October!!! 7 acres each week.

Filled my New Holland Tractor up and it fired in a nano second so I took it down in the lower 40, to push a huge tree that fell over and stuck out a hundred feet or so into the Field. It is amazing what a good tractor with a loader can do!

Started up one of our Dodge Caravans and parked it up under our canopy where it can be detailed and hopefully sold.

Took a shower. Ate some Oatmeal cookies and had some tea and took a nap.

Naps are good.

Sam:giggle:

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
It’s alive! My antique Honda is officially on the road.

I cleaned 40 years of gunk off the rims, then mounted and balanced my new tires yesterday and put the wheels back on the bike.

Today after work I finally took my new baby for its first real ride! Only about 30 miles, it was getting cold and dark so we headed home but it’s running great! On the way back we made a short visit with Candy’s daughters, sung happy birthday to one of them from a safe 6 foot distance in their front yard then rolled on home.

I’m so excited to have this bike, the last time I owned a cb400t was 1988!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On The Road Again!
2,868 Posts
The temperature went up to 68 degrees here today.
Needless to say, I hit the road for a while. Me and a buddy
put on around 100 miles or so just wandering the back roads.
Very little traffic out there with beautiful blue skies.
it was a great day for a ride.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I got oil, gear lube and primary juice for the Super Glide. Cleaned up part of the shop, cleaned out the junk in the bed of the truck, cleaned rain gutters and took down the flag, it's going to rain shortly. :cool:

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
That's a remarkably nice and clean old bike!
It has plenty of flaws but I agree that it's truly amazing the shape it's in for an un-restored 42 year old machine that's been on the road and in use all these years. It was registered and used at least occasionally the whole time according to the guy I bought it from. I want to keep it that way, as a survivor vs restoring it to new so I'm being very cautious about what I do to it, good maintenance and cleaning but that's about all I plan to do for now.

·
On The Road Again!
2,868 Posts
What did I do with my bike today....
Are you kiddin'?
It's been raining all weekend. (sigh)
Tomorrow, Monday, is supposed to be nice.
I have work in the morning, but after that, I'll be out there ridin'!

7081 - 7100 of 7124 Posts