Motorcycle Forum banner

7061 - 7080 of 7113 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Went out to the shop to see what the bike looked like since I left the cover off it. Hot Dang, it's dry as a bone! (Been having a condensation problem). So with more help than I wanted, my youngest grand daughter helped me put the cover back on it. Now when it warms up again, I'll go have a look and see if it is still dry.

I need a nice day to clean it all up and put a good coat of wax on it. 😌

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,005 Posts
I moved my truck out to the street. Parked the wife's car where the truck had been. Uncovered and moved the Sports car down the driveway. Turned the jet ski around so it is facing the backyard. Took the snow blower out of the garage and put it back in the shed.

Now I can get the bikes out, before I couldn't.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,005 Posts
You just gave yourself 2 feet of snow, you know
Weather just said it is supposed to snow on Tuesday, but if it does it will be mixed with rain. It is power drive so I did back it in so I can come out and go through the yard to the driveway :)

Now you're too tired to ride.

You got that right and seems I got a sunburn on my face.

·
Visionary
3,133 Posts
Finally had the driveway fixed, removed the 2 inch step at the end. Got to ride on it today for the first time, what an improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Well, this probably don't count, but I got my grandson his first motorcycle helmet. A black Scorpion with the drop down visor. He doesn't have to wear a hoodie so his Nana's helmet will fit him now. :cool:

·
American Legion Rider
19,449 Posts
Did you or they, dig down at least 4 inches to make for a thick section of asphalt and not just feather a 2 inch section out? Like a nice slab that butts up to the original, completely removing the cracked section. 6 inches would be better but 4 is minimum on asphalt. I also hope you go the next step and seal it. Another job that really needs to be done every few years at a minimum too. Yearly being better. Asphalt is just to porous on it's own.

·
Visionary
3,133 Posts
Did you or they, dig down at least 4 inches to make for a thick section of asphalt and not just feather a 2 inch section out? Like a nice slab that butts up to the original, completely removing the cracked section. 6 inches would be better but 4 is minimum on asphalt. I also hope you go the next step and seal it. Another job that really needs to be done every few years at a minimum too. Yearly being better. Asphalt is just to porous on it's own.
Yep, they sawcut along that line, dug the whole thing out and replaced it, then hot sealed the joint. It should be fine. I intend to seal the whole thing once it's aged enough, i don't know how long I have to wait but I know your not supposed to seal it right away. Will research..

jackhammer.jpg jackhammer2.jpg before.jpg

·
Biker
1,283 Posts
I moved my truck out to the street. Parked the wife's car where the truck had been. Uncovered and moved the Sports car down the driveway. Turned the jet ski around so it is facing the backyard. Took the snow blower out of the garage and put it back in the shed.

Now I can get the bikes out, before I couldn't.
Now that is a biker, busting ass an wrkg to to get the bikes out! Hello Critter, cold up here in Mass. 30 degreez but sunny, Got the wide glide going.a.k.a.'Wandering Gerty' took a 40 mile ride and yeah it was GOOOood. Have a good one !

·
Visionary
3,133 Posts
I was planning on riding to work today but mother nature said otherwise, it's SNOWING, not really sticking but I didn't want to take the chance of a freeze up later so I took the car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Last week I added a USB charger. I found one that plugged into the trickle charger cord. Made installation easy. The big thing was I have been working slowly on my trailer. Just a 5 x 10 utility trailer. Putting two full size bikes on it was tough so me and my brother have been working on adding a foot to each side. Friday it went down the road for it's test run. Pulled great. I did almost a cabinet grade looking floor. I know it willget dings but it sure looks good right now. Just a few more details and we'll be able to take both our bikes on an extended trip somewhere.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Isn't this where someone is supposed to say something about riding the bike instead of trailering the bike?

I don't care one way or the other, I guess. It's not my bike.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Where’s the pictures? No pictures it didn’t happen. 🙄🙄🙄
I only have a couple fo the floor going on and I'm working nonstop hours right now. I work a t a school district and were working on gathering/cleaning/and passing out about 7000 laptops. By the time I[m getting home right now, it's shower and a nap. I'll get some pics when i finally get done and take a few days to load up bikes on it an go somewhere.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Isn't this where someone is supposed to say something about riding the bike instead of trailering the bike?

I don't care one way or the other, I guess. It's not my bike.

I'll be trailering my bike and my brothers bike to some far away places. I'll also be hauling my camper. I'll be driving that. My brother will be driving behind me with the bikes. Cant drive both at the same time. I'm starting to consider a different camper like a class c on a truck frame or van frame so I can drive that with the bikes behind.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Being a fair weather rider and retired, that actually sounds like a good idea to me. I say I'm a fair weather rider because if I plan on a ride (like today), but it rains, I'll wait until tomorrow. However on a road trip, I just got to take whatever mother nature dishes out.

Now if I were to take my home with me, and haul the bike, during a downpour I could sit in my portable home in an RV park, eat popcorn and watch TV. Wait until tomorrow and better weather. And if the forecast looked bad for an extended period. Pack up and move to another state.

7061 - 7080 of 7113 Posts