Motorcycle Forum banner

7001 - 7020 of 7844 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
21,231 Posts
I really need to get some heated pants to go with my heated jacket....
I considered getting heated pants too but gloves and jacket liner already used up my controller and more darn wires wasn’t something I really wanted to deal with.

And if I was going to add more I would have gone with heated foot inserts. My feet get cold way before my knees do.

I just retired instead and now keep my feet up in front of the wood stove staying nice and toasty. ???

·
Visionary
3,658 Posts
My feet do OK as long as the rest of me stay warm, my fairings block the wind for my feet 100%, but there is one spot on my upper thighs that gets wind directly on it and that spot about 8 inches long freezes if it's below 20 or so. So pants are what I need.
My jacket has an extra plug to run the pants too, just have to daisy chain them.

Your method of keeping your feet warm works too :)

I considered getting heated pants too but gloves and jacket liner already used up my controller and more darn wires wasn’t something I really wanted to deal with.

And if I was going to add more I would have gone with heated foot inserts. My feet get cold way before my knees do.

I just retired instead and now keep my feet up in front of the wood stove staying nice and toasty. ???

·
American Legion Rider
21,231 Posts
My jacket has an extra plug to run the pants too, just have to daisy chain them.
And put a larger fuse in unless you went max to start with.(y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
Yamaha FZ yamaha WR250 X Honda Shadow 500cc
65 Posts
I put on a quick connect battery tender on my yamaha wr 250X and also on my yamaha fz8
I usually run them for a few minutes each week when the weather is cold,
Here in southern Canada we can oftentimes ride well into December ,but only the diehard riders are

·
Charter Member Black Bayou Basturds
380 Posts
I put on a quick connect battery tender on my yamaha wr 250X and also on my yamaha fz8
I usually run them for a few minutes each week when the weather is cold,
Here in southern Canada we can oftentimes ride well into December ,but only the diehard riders are

You do realize that running your bike for a few minutes each week will not charge your battery sufficiently enough

·
Visionary
3,658 Posts
Are you getting cranky in your old age...or have you been hanging out with Vito recently? You guys really need to take a good ride for a bit of therapy.

I put a blindfold on today so I don't have read anymore of this inane thread.

·
Visionary
3,658 Posts
Been riding to work every day, a little chilly and damp but for February I'm not complaining!

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
Visionary
3,658 Posts
I had nice ride into work but a miserable ride home from work yesterday, a pipe of some sort fell down off a bridge and blocked the highway ( I78E), I was stuck in the express lanes with no way out. I almost got in trouble trying to work my way through it by a little lane splitting and shoulder riding, I was halfway though when I saw the unmarked car on the shoulder between 2 trucks, he spotted me sneaking past and and the window rolled down and the cop gave me a little NO NO finger wave), I took the hint and stopped trying.
Turned a 1 hour ride into 3 hours, 2 hours of it were covering that 2 miles. It was only 43F out but my oil temp was up to 325F by the time I got out of the mess, considering it usually runs around 200 yeah, it was HOT!.

·
American Legion Rider
21,231 Posts
I made an early oil change when I got stuck like that once. Figured better safe than sorry.

Reactions: mike721

·
Visionary
3,658 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, I'm actually just about due for an oil change anyway so I'm going to do it right away, that oil had to be somewhat fried from that.
I didn't ride today, when I left this morning the road was still closed in 2 out of 3 lanes and still was when I passed it going in the other direction. Just in case they don't get it open by this afternoon I don't want to get stuck on the bike in that mess again.

I made an early oil change when I got stuck like that once. Figured better safe than sorry.

·
Moderator - Like a crazy cat lady but with bikes!
1,172 Posts
I got to spend Wednesday through Friday with a prominent auto journalist. He's writing a story about me (with possible podcast, possible TV show) and my crazy wheeled addictions.

While with him, I rode my Goldwing for the first time this year and got everything all fired up.

I hope to get a lot of seat time on this beautiful ride this year!

Also drove one of my garage queen cars for the first time in two years. I'm amazed that two year old petrol is a potent as it was!

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
We had a BEEEYOOOTIFUL day here today. Temp got up above 60 for a while.
Needless to say, I hit the road for a while, just to warm up the oil and burn up
some of that old gas. (cough cough)
Put about 45 miles on the Wing and boy oh boy did that feel good.
This has been such a mild winter that I'm hoping that the trend
continues and we have an early spring.
(I hope, I hope, I hope)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Rode today for the 3rd straight day! ? Now it's starting to rain, and the next 6 days will be rainy/snowy/cold. But these last 3 days have been a God send.

·
American Legion Rider
21,231 Posts
I got to spend Wednesday through Friday with a prominent auto journalist. He's writing a story about me (with possible podcast, possible TV show) and my crazy wheeled addictions.
Good for you (y) (y) (y) but give us a link or time or something so we can get to see ya before the world does. I hope it's not a Facebook kind of thing because not everyone does Facebook. And I'm not sure if everyone can do a podcast. You might have to upload that to YouTube if it doesn't violate any rules or copyright stuff.

Reactions: Miss Mercedes

·
Registered
Yamaha FZ yamaha WR250 X Honda Shadow 500cc
65 Posts
Yeah,Cajun ,you are right , the real purpose for running my bikes fobr about 5 min weekly is to rotate the engines and keep the vital fluids from getting stagnant ,plus i need to hear and smell em,
Good point .I should have eaborated
lucky you out riding all year no doubt,,peace brutha

·
Moderator - Like a crazy cat lady but with bikes!
1,172 Posts
Good for you (y) (y) (y) but give us a link or time or something so we can get to see ya before the world does. I hope it's not a Facebook kind of thing because not everyone does Facebook. And I'm not sure if everyone can do a podcast. You might have to upload that to YouTube if it doesn't violate any rules or copyright stuff.
It'll most likely be an essay first before it goes anywhere more. And of course it'll be linked here! :)

Reactions: mike721

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,849 Posts
Running your bike for 5-10 minutes is not good for it. Condensation will build up and not have time to burn off.

Reactions: Quazimoto
7001 - 7020 of 7844 Posts