Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Thats too cold! I feel for the frozen out there. We have year round riding here, but at a horrible cost.
Remember, I said I lived in SanDiego for 31 years. Loved the year round riding, but California has turned into a 鈥済ranola bowl鈥 nothing but NUTS, FRUITS & FLAKES which is why we left in 2009.
And it sure hasn鈥檛 gotten better!

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Get a trials bike and it will take you places you can't possibly walk or pedal.
We had freezing rain last night, should be great riding today, a whole bunch of motorcycles are suppose to be showing up soon :cool: Seems like Sunday is always the day of riding, we need more Sunday's (y) When I become king, I'm going to extend the week to 8 days so we can have 2 Sunday's.
Well @Trials you're going to have to educate me a bit here. I understand what a TRAIL bike is and have ridden that before, but I鈥檝e never ridden a 鈥淭rials鈥 bike. Is it designed to give you more adversity when riding?
Thanks

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
The trunk of a British car is not the Bonnet. The trunk is called the "Boot".
The Bonnet is the cover over the engine, what we call the hood.
And the Hood of a British car is what we call the Roof!
And British cars have Wings instead of Fenders.
....two people separated by a common language. LOL!!!!!!!
Boot, bonnet, wings, who cares! How can you trust anyone who drives on the wrong side of the road?!!

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Expensive? Live in Cali for 40+ years.
Yep! I did 31 years in San Diego. About 6 months before we left the main local news channel did an expos茅: In 2009 it took a family of 4 CLEARING $70,000 a year just to meet basic minimum needs! It hasn鈥檛 gotten cheaper!

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
That day won't be too far away. It's regularly around 32C until the end of Feb - then it starts going up. By May, for the next few months it is around the 35-36C. Sometimes even higher. I don't go for long rides then. As you say hot and extremely sweaty.

I actually really miss riding in the winter in Oz. As I always say - when you are cold you can always put more clothes on - when you are hot there is only so much you can take off.
Supposed to be 65F here on Saturday. Definitely going riding!

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Well, went riding to do some errands and also get the 鈥減icture challenge鈥. 馃榿
Got home and did an oil change and then started adding some lights to a 鈥渄ark area鈥 I circled on my bike. Unfortunately while playing with stuff one of the lights and connectors went bad so I鈥檓 having to overnight parts so I can finish before a huge group ride on Saturday. Looks to be 75-80 bikes!
On a side note, there is an 鈥淥utlaws鈥 MC clubhouse 1/2 mile from me. I鈥檓 not a member but know a few of them and apparently many of them know my bike. They鈥檝e already given me a name鈥. 鈥淐hristmas Tree鈥! Lol
Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Met up with a group of Chatlotte NC area riders and we rode the Blue Ridge Parkway all day. Wife went with too. Didn鈥檛 clock how many miles but we are bushed. Have another group asking if I want to ride with them to Mt. Morrow tomorrow since it鈥檚 gone be 78! 馃榿

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Another day of riding with the wife. Beautiful 77 degree weather! Rode out to meet up with a couple more bikes before heading out to lunch and then up to the popular Mt. Morrow in Albemarle NC. Very popular spot with lots of bikes, customized street rods and other stuff. It鈥檚 like a Friday night cruise spot but up on top of a mountain.

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
What did I do to my bike today? I left it sitting safely in the garage while I braved blizzard conditions to drive up to Columbus Ohio from Chatlotte area to pick up my daughters 1st bike! 14hrs of driving.. EGADS! The things a father does for his daughter.
Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
Someone is keeping an "EYE" on Daytona.

Steve posted this on facebook. Seems a Goldwing rider needs to get his brakes fixed, but he has a very strong tow hitch.

View attachment 73289
Looks like a draw bridge that he tried to beat OR the operator didn鈥檛 see him. BTW, the tie ins for those hitches ARE that strong. That鈥檚 a long way down! Wonder what happened to the rider or if he had a passenger too?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts