Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6903 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I installed a new petcock on my CL360. If I had the proper fuel lines I'd have gotten a nice ride instead of a sputtering run around the parking lot.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Nothing.

I did move two of them around a bit so I could slide a cooler full of fish in between them. (I'll be filleting in the morning.)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Grouper maybe??? My mouth is watering...:) :)

Absolutely Beautiful Riding weather here yesterday and today. Daughter called yesterday morning & said she wanted to put a roof over her deck & would dad & I help....other daughter & son in law were trying to put up a garage door opener & couldn't figure out how.......I got to look at the bikes every time I had to go into the garage to get a tool to take to one or the other's house. Both projects are now done. :) :) Chance of rain tomorrow and Tuesday.....

I'm so glad for all of you that got to ride!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Washed it, put tire dressing on the new bags, and went for a 15 mile run this afternoon. Shame it rained all morning, would have had a group ride for about a hundred miles..

Ops

·
Registered
125 Posts
Took the bar end mirrors off and tried to get the factory bar weights to fit in the Superbike bars with the bar end mirrors.
I finally found something sort of wrong on the new CB1100. With the Superbike bars/bar end mirrors mounted there is a barely perceptible high speed buzz in the bars that numbs the hands after 90 min or so of riding.
I put the stock mirrors and weights back and went out for two hours and no problem.
The bar end mirrors just won't fit with the stock bar weights installed. I think I may look for a different set of mirrors.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Yesterday I rode it home from Saratoga, NY to NH.. dodging rain clouds most of the way.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
Other than stare longingly and lovingly at it... nothing.

I am waiting on one muffler clamp and four gaskets so I can mount my slipons.

·
Hooker
921 Posts
I ran outta gas and had to walk a mile, buy a gas can and gas, then walk back to the bike. No fuel gauge and I'd forgotten that I needed to go straight to the nearby ethanol-free gas station before I did anything else.
Then, I had no way of getting the gas can back, so I left it on the curb in front of some guy's yard, rushed home to get a bungee, then went back to get the can.

Then, I rode about half an hour to my brother's pad, and nobody was home, so I rode back through neighborhoods I'd never seen before and found some pretty neat little areas.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Road the Street Glide to and from work. What a nice ride. When I was younger I said that I would rather get a convertible before buying one of those old guy bikes. I guess I got old. I've been missing a lot of great rides.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
Welp... had I bothered to check, I would have discovered that the slip-on Cobra mufflers I got for my Max do not use gaskets like the stock exhaust does, so since the clamp came in today, I was able to get the new (to me) exhaust mounted. Sounds decent enough. Looks AWESOME! Lost maybe 20hp.

Gonna have to get a new set of headers that will help bring that lost power back

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welp... had I bothered to check, I would have discovered that the slip-on Cobra mufflers I got for my Max do not use gaskets like the stock exhaust does, so since the clamp came in today, I was able to get the new (to me) exhaust mounted. Sounds decent enough. Looks AWESOME! Lost maybe 20hp.

Gonna have to get a new set of headers that will help bring that lost power back
You might have to get it remapped or rejet if you have carbs.

1 - 20 of 6903 Posts