Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,558 Posts
There was a time you could do that and not really cause a problem. But not today with the number of cars/people on the road. I'd bet he thought he was okay because he wedged everything in good and tight. Yet texting drivers get off scott free. Well until they crash anyway.

· Ghost in the machine
1,497 Posts
I had to watch with the sound off, did they give a name? I notice they didn't show the driver, which is what they do in my area when the offender is of a "minority" persuasion. I ask only because this sort of thing is common in many underdeveloped countries, so when I see it I tend to think ...recent immigrant to our country. And before anyone throws "racist" my way for thinking that way, understand that is about culture not race.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,410 Posts
Looked like every piece was secured by a line or a bungie.

· Administrator
1,808 Posts
The most common thing I still see and we all have seen, is the mattress tied to the roof rack of a car or truck with what looks like a shoelace and all 4 windows will have an arm sticking out holding on to it.

· Registered
66 Posts
Shady Tie Downs

Reminds me of the time I was on my Honda 350 Many, Many years ago and Noticed the car at a Distance in front of me with a Screen Door Tied to the Roof with the Proverbial Shoe String.
Saw that it could pose a threat to my life as it was Waving in the wind.
Mind you this was at a time when No Helmets were Required by Law. Of course I had None protecting my Mellon.
Sure as Anticipated the Darn thing came A Loose as I Neared the Car.
It jumped up about 20' and Began to Wobble in the Wind.
Nothing I could do but Kiss the Gas Tank and Hope for the Best!
Missed me by that much..... Still Alive to tell the Tale.
Charlie

22,558 Posts
The other day was on the Radio hollering at another trucker pulling out of a truck-stop with about a dozen of the reserved parking post tied to the back of his truck. He pissed someone off.
Swift driver?:devil:

· Registered
717 Posts
The road is a scary place. Last summer I was riding through a local college town followed closely by a large 18 wheeler in heavy traffic. There was a very attractive coed walking down the sidewalk, dressed for - ahem - the weather, and the guy kept nearly gooshing me into the pavement for all the attention he was paying to her progress down the sidewalk. I'm not sure whose eyes were bugging out more, his or mine, but for very different reasons.

22,558 Posts
There's a song about trying to love two women too and ball and chain. But just one can be like a ball and chain if the wrong one.:surprise::wink2::crying::smile::angel:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.