Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay very new here, been lurking for awhile.

I have a 1976 mr 250 Elsinore (really rare and annoying enduro)

Basically the bike runs fine but I lost the title before I signed it cause I was debating reselling it and didn't want to register it yet so I have no title and so I went to go sell it and I decided to change the oil, put some synthetic blend in (it's a wet clutch I believe) and after the oil change I put it in 1st, and then when I go into second the shifter just siticks in the up position and won't go into 3,4 and 5th. So I drained the oil and put conventional 10w30 in and its stock stuck and the bolts are Phillips head and stripped and I don't know too much about bikes just r learning as I go...after I drill the bolts out in kind of lost on what to do.

Help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I know how to get the cover off but I mean once I'm in there what're some remedies to unstick the clutch ?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Find out what's stuck first... sounds more like the shifter mechanism than the clutch itself - if the lever isn't returning. Just have to find what's sticking and loosen it up - hopefully just a bit of penetrating oil is needed somewhere.

If you spray a bit around where the shifter shaft goes into the side cover, you might luck out and have it free up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have the engine off and the clutch lever out can you rock the bike and get it to shift in any gear? Otherwise I think something happened to the shifting drum or linkage. Doesn't sound like clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts