Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Warning: Mood change in 3... 2... 1...
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a group of really lovely riders who brave the midwest winter weather (within reason). Meet-ups are monthly at various places around Missouri, with a few extras. They have a page on Facebook, just look for West Central MO Polar Bears - pictures are usually posted there along with updates on rides (in case of bad weather).

These aren't routed rides, you ride your own route but meet at proscribed times to sign in. I think there are "awards" for most miles in a season and stuff like that.

I won't pretend I show up every month, I'm more of a grizzly bear type, but sometimes Missouri winter weather is unusually kind and us grizzly bears come out to socialize.

Hope the schedule shows up *fingers crossed* :grin:

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Y'all get snow up there, so what do you do if you got 4 inches of snow on the day you are supposed to ride? Cage it but still do it? Or cancel that ride altogether.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I recall correctly, they reschedule or cancel for inclement weather.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I just go ahead and ride through the major snow storms.

Now that I have my MC mitts, I'll be even better prepared for it . :grin:

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
In case of bad weather, put on your most comfortable robe, build a fire in the fireplace, or turn up the propane heating stove, and go to motorcycle forum.com. :)

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Twas 40 when I would have been leaving, and without the proper gear (those Hippo Hands-y mitts look nice bpe) the two-hour highway speeds would have kilt me daid!

Cold and even snow with wet roads aren't an issue with the Polar Bears. It's when there's ice and snow on the road that they consider rescheduling. Some winters are more mild up here than others of course. I managed seven rides one year, but last year I missed most of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts