Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Yep, that is a beautiful color. Congrats on the bike. It looks like someone is welcoming the new bike. :D :D

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not black! Its a very dark green. Yes, it is a beautiful color. Much nicer than the 2005 B-12 I had. And I have to say, even on the interstate I LOVE not having a fairing. I actually feel like the ride is smoother and less gusty than my faired 2005 B-12 was.

·
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
And, without further adieu, I just picked up a 1984 Gold Wing Aspencade for $1000. Needs a bit of work, including fork seals, but I still think it was a pretty good deal.

Two bikes for a total of $3,300. Not too shabby considering I was considering spending $4500 on a Valkyrie (that probably wouldn't be nearly as fun as the Bandit, or nearly as useful for touring as the Gold Wing.

Obligatory photos (with dog):

·
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you think I'm gonna keep that Goldwing black with the desert sun we have here in Tucson you're crazy! Once I get the Goldwing running smoothly I'll probably repaint it in the spring. Right now the original finish sucks and its had several crappy paint jobs on the luggage already, so even a rattle can paint job will be an improvement.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,225 Posts
VERY nice! That Bandit will be a blast to be riding, I'm certain. And hopefully, all the repairs needed on the GW will be easy enough to do.

·
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've already got new fork seal kits and timing belts for the Gold Wing ordered. Once I get those replaced I'll be able to get it registered and out on the road so I can figure out if the carbs will need any work.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Both are nice bikes, congratulations! I like those older Goldwings. There is a 2 tone brown & tan one that I see around here frequently. When I see the square headlight I can just about bet it's that bike. A younger couple rides it. It's really well kept or has had a great restoration.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts