Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grin: I've been wanting one of these for a few years now, Triumph Explorer, a used one in perfect condition came up for sale and I couldn't pass it up. It's a 1st Gen model but the vin number is after all the bugs were worked out so no recalls or service bulletins. I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I'm completely blown away by this thing and I have a center stand for the first time since I was 16 yrs old with my old CM400 lol

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
That looks like a very cool bike, I've thought a few times (usually after riding my 900 pound Vision on a gravel road) about adding an adventure type bike to my stable for rides like that..looks like you just got yours!

Best of luck with it!

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
That's such a great bike. I had an 800 and my riding buddy has the same bike you have. That 1200 motor is incredible...that's no old guy bike. My '09 HD Ultra Classic (Geezer Glide) is an old guy bike.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,521 Posts
Very nice

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
That's such a great bike. I had an 800 and my riding buddy has the same bike you have. That 1200 motor is incredible...that's no old guy bike. My '09 HD Ultra Classic (Geezer Glide) is an old guy bike.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I agree. That's a fun bike at any age.:thumbsup:

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
Nice scoot!
The Tiger 800XC is on the short list for my next bike.

I agree, it's not old man bike....It's not a Goldwing:grin:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Congrat's :smile_big:

There is nothing like the sound, fury and feel of Triumph's 3 cylinder line of motorcycles, especially with an aftermarket exhaust:surprise:

I had a new 2010 Triumph Scrambler and a 2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and spent some time on a Cousins Trident and I believe that Triumph makes some of the finest bikes in the world:wink2:

We almost bought a Home in Havasu but ended up in Missouri. I'm a Southern Calif Boy and I spent a lot of time in Havasu on my Harley, riding around there during the Laughlin Nevada river run rally:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Looks great. What year is that model? I love my old guy bike, my Goldwing, because I am an old guy. But lately I have been thinking more and more about getting a second bike that is a lot lighter than my 900 pound plus behemoth. I'll keep the Goldwing for when I want a long day's ride or when my wife wants to ride with me, but a lighter bike would be fun, especially to ride the gravel or dirt roads where I would never think of taking the Goldwing. Thinking about the new Honda 300cc for under $5 grand new, just not sure if that seat is just too high for me. Or maybe a Triumph Trophy but that is in a much higher price range.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great. What year is that model?.
2014, it had 15,700 miles on it and if it has ever been off road it doesn't show. I suspect the previous owner sold it to get out of the 20,000 mile service, I'll be doing it myself so no biggie to me, I'm actually kinda excited about it. I'm only joking about the old guy bike, I'm only 45, I'm not even an adult yet :devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts