Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· SUPER MODERATOR
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 STREET GLIDE® SPECIAL:grin::grin::grin::grin:

114 Cubic inches of DYNO MITE:surprise:

***** I did it again, I took pictures of my friends new Harley!:surprise:

He rode it to our monthly Prayer breakfast this morning and even the non-Harley guys were drooling:smile_big:

I'm not supposed to covet but I have to admit, I'd love to have his bike:angel:

Sam:nerd:

Attachments

· Nightfly
4,737 Posts
I don't see the problem Sam. Unless you are wanting "his" personal motorcycle, the one he just bought, But...... if you only wish you could go to the Harley dealership and purchase your own bike, that is not coveting, you just have a want.

Break open that wallet, let the moths out and gather up those "C" notes and lay that money down...

Oh, ah, er.... nice bike...

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
28,710 Posts

· Swamp Rat Rider
1,971 Posts
Looks like you have already running lights , which I think is a good thing over the Single Head light for a Ride that size .. Now just need to add some Extra Brightness to the Rear of it .. Congrats on the New Ride .. Might have went with a 2018 Road Glide Special about a year ago but was just too far apart on what i thought was a fair price .. So at this Stage in the game decided to keep what I have and make them last ..

· SUPER MODERATOR
10,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, that's not my new bike, it's a friends bike. I got to see it for the first time yesterday morning:grin:

Ron, your Star Eluder is magnificent:smile_big:

Larry, your comment was silly:kiss:

In my normal travels all over this great country, I have probably seen 10 Indian motorcycles, well maybe 11 cause I have seen Larry's beautiful bike, no Star Eluders except in the dealers showrooms, hundreds of Goldwings, some Triumphs and some BMWs and really, a MILLION Harley Davidson's--the proof is in the pudding as the saying goes.:grin:

I don't currently own a Harley but I visit my local dealer frequently whenever I feel my Blood sugar going low and I need some eye candy to raise it:smile_big:

I have supported the 'evil axis' companies from Germany, Japan and Italy and 3 Jap's are still in my garage right now:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

· Veteran Member
3,296 Posts
Yeah, except your Eluder won't be in the shop every 3,000 miles, or sooner, for some kind of problem needing attention.:devil: :devil: :devil: But yes, it is a nice bike.
People don't want reliability. So much so that the 2018 Eluder sold so poorly they did not release a 2019 model. More likely is that people don't want to spend $25K for a Yamaha.

· Visionary
6,300 Posts
Extreme reliability seems to be a killer for motorcycle companies, I mean look at what happened to the company that built this bike, 97K miles and hardly anything other than gas tires and oil have been replaced so far.
'
Nothing wrong with that Harley though, except the price tag. :)

Attachments

28,710 Posts
There is no getting around it, Harley is top dog and very few other brands can stay with them long enough to change the masses minds. It's a simple case, if I'm going to spend $30k, may as well get a nice paint job with it. But how many 70 to 100k mile Harley do you find. People just don't put to miles on that show the failures. They trailer them. But would I get another Harley, sure, if there was one I liked. In fact I do have my eye open for a nice used trike just in case. But man I'm liking what I see Boss Hoss has done. Doubt that will ever happen. Don't even look at the price of those things. Price controls the buying public so when the cost of two similar bikes comes up, is it a coin toss or brand that sways folks?

· Very Famous Person
10,116 Posts
People don't want reliability. So much so that the 2018 Eluder sold so poorly they did not release a 2019 model. More likely is that people don't want to spend $25K for a Yamaha.
--

That's the thing. Yamaha Venture/Eluder had terrific reviews before it came out when compared to the other top brands. Almost to the one, reviewers said it was the best bike for long haul rides, and overall, of all those tested. But people want the sizzle too, not just the steak. So for Yamaha to go head to toe with the biggest boys, was probably never going to happen. :crying:

I mean, take a look at how some folks react to anything less in sizzle than a Harley:

--

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Very sharp looking bike. I don't think I've seen that factory color on a Harley before, I like it....

Reactions: Porky

· Veteran Member
3,296 Posts
--

That's the thing. Yamaha Venture/Eluder had terrific reviews before it came out when compared to the other top brands. Almost to the one, reviewers said it was the best bike for long haul rides, and overall, of all those tested. But people want the sizzle too, not just the steak. So for Yamaha to go head to toe with the biggest boys, was probably never going to happen. :crying:

--
When the new Venture was shown, I told my wife that if we were buying now, it would come down to another HD, Indian, and the new Star. I like the simplicity of big air cooled engines. But I admit, I am one of those that find it hard to pay $25,000 for a Yamaha. I have two in the garage now and they're fine bikes. But I've become used to Yamaha being fine, reasonably priced bikes. Not premium priced bikes. And knowing that they do not hold resale value like an HD or Indian, it makes it a tougher sell.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,684 Posts
New old stock seems to be around 19-20k for the Eluder in this area.

28,710 Posts
I've not put hands on a Eluder or the touring version Star Venture. They were not available when I bought my Roadmaster Indian. I had whittled my way down to a Harley, a Victory or a Indian. Had a Yamaha been available would it have passed the fit/finish and ride test. That is what swayed me in the end. Not price. I simply new my wallet was going to take a big hit. So that was a given. When I fiddled with the luggage, the Victory just felt cheap. And for that kind of money, I wanted something that felt like it earned that ugly price. So that left Harley and Indian. Ride was the final winner. But it was extremely close. Had the Victory felt, yes I know that seems dumb, solid, I might be on a Victory instead of a Indian. So would the Yamaha have passed those two??? Like I said, I've to this day have not touched a Yamaha to see. It sorta scares me so I've stayed clear just so I don't go around kicking my butt for not taking longer to decide. I'm so pleased with my choice that I don't want that hanging out there. My pure guess is the luggage feels cheap compared to Indian or Harley and I'm leaving it right there.:grin:

Reactions: Porky
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.