Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up last weekend. A 2004 Sportster 883. I had looked at an 81 superglide bud decided I wanted something a bit more reliable for a first bike. I had to fix a couple things on this one right off the bat (mostly related to things coming loose from vibration)

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Congrats guy. Good choice, nice bike.
Be careful out there. I’ve had them look me right in the eye and pull out of their driveway.

What’s with the Suzuki?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats guy. Good choice, nice bike.
Be careful out there. I’ve had them look me right in the eye and pull out of their driveway.

What’s with the Suzuki?
The Suzuki is my dirt bike. I guess I should have clarified the Harley is my bike for the street. I’ve been riding dirt bikes for a couple years.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice looking bike. Good call on the 883 for your first street ride. I don't know if they were rubber mounted in 04 but if not plan on keeping an eye out for more loose bolts.

Reactions: Zach

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,544 Posts
Nice looking ride.

Reactions: Zach

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. Looks good, at least what I can see of it.
I think I will I’ve got a few minor things to fix on it before I can ride it. Right now I’m trying to replace the brake light switch on the front

1 - 8 of 8 Posts