Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office..

But WADE! that's just a scooter.

Oh yeah, like I couldn't see THAT response coming.... TRY AGAIN.

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,166 Posts
This is Lil Blue, the coolest 50cc 2T around, and you ride this you been to the doctor medicated and spent time in a padded cell and was let go for bad conduct. But seriously love riding my scooter rode it from downtown Saint Louis to Bixby granted not fast but slowest speed was 40 MPH and did it for less than 20 bucks and it was a 300 mile round trip. If it has two wheel I like it.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
^^^That one has a purse on it.

Wade's scooter is flaming red, and he rides it wearing women's tights, but he'll need a purse to complete the ensemble.

I bet a small Italian leather clutch would be perfect.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
:coffeescreen:

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,166 Posts
LOL I got under the seat behind the seat trunk and the two panniers and not one of them is big enough for my purse! Gah!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
As a former "scooterist" I can tell you that scooters are really a hoot to ride. Lighter and more maneuverable than a motorcycle, they also usually have good, lockable storage under the seat. Not so great for long distance, or highway travel, or two up riding and those small wheels don't handle road irregularities very well. But for around town they are really fun and practical. I keep thinking about getting a scooter again, in addition to, not instead of my 800 lb. motorcycle. Or maybe the little Honda Grom or something like that. But other things keep taking priority over spending another $3K for a toy.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
... rode it from downtown Saint Louis to Bixby granted not fast but slowest speed was 40 MPH and did it for less than 20 bucks and it was a 300 mile round trip. If it has two wheel I like it.
For those of you that haven't been, Bixby is in the middle of a LOT of great roads, no matter what you ride or drive!

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Yes they are, Vito. I worked at an Aprillia dealership once that also carried Piaggio scooters, Genuine scooters, and some really off brand Chinese scooters. When there wasn't enough V-twin work I'd help with the scooters and most of them were a real hoot to zip around on. We could even get some to do a sort of wheelie if you really leaned back and pulled. We never could get one to do a burn out though.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,843 Posts
Why do I envision the circus bear on the mini bicycle when I read that?
Are you saying Eye is a circus bear? He does dress funny, all that Harley black stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts