Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving Friday morning from Nebraska to Longview, TX. Saturday will be riding from Longview to Natchitoches, LA for lunch, then back to Longview Saturday evening. Sunday will be returning home, should be around 2,000 miles in three days for lunch.

·
American Legion Rider
20,000 Posts
Headed this direction for a special reason? I ask because there is a big bike rally in Fayetteville, AR if you want to take a very slight side trip. Blues, Bikes and BBQ or Bikes, Blues and BBQ. I get the first two switched all the time. Just a FYI.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started a baton relay several months ago and the baton is moving from Florida to Texas and then back up to Canada again. I am going down to sign the second flag and meet some more 109 riders. We filled the first flag full of signatures and just keeping it going on it's second round of the states before we go overseas with it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Headed this direction for a special reason? I ask because there is a big bike rally in Fayetteville, AR if you want to take a very slight side trip. Blues, Bikes and BBQ or Bikes, Blues and BBQ. I get the first two switched all the time. Just a FYI.
Bikes Blues and BBQ. I used to dread it every year when I lived there. A lot of people doing really stupid stuff on bikes, for several days. Never failed to see several bikes down every day. Crowded Dickson Street and surrounding area. Lot of cool bikes to be seen, though. They used to say it was the 3rd biggest bike rally in the US. I don't know if that is still true or not.

You going to it, Hog?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
2000 miles in 3 days is a lot of road.
I typically don't do more than 600 miles in one day.
stay fresh ... and don't hesitate to call it quits if you get tired on one day.
good luck!

dT

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
"A lot of people doing really stupid stuff on bikes, for several days. "

Heck yeah, sounds like a blast, huh? :)

2k miles in 3 days comes out to be 666.666 miles a day. Does that flag have a pentagram on it?

·
American Legion Rider
20,000 Posts
Bikes Blues and BBQ. I used to dread it every year when I lived there. A lot of people doing really stupid stuff on bikes, for several days. Never failed to see several bikes down every day. Crowded Dickson Street and surrounding area. Lot of cool bikes to be seen, though. They used to say it was the 3rd biggest bike rally in the US. I don't know if that is still true or not.

You going to it, Hog?
Not this year. I'm barely back on the bike. Finally got boot from ankle surgery off last Friday. I feel like I have some other persons leg now.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
"does that flag has a pentagram on it?"

HAHAHA!!
somebody's awake in Florida today.
Heck Eye, its Friday buddy. youre supposed to be winding down.

dT

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a fun trip, if your (_|_) is up for it :D

I hope you factor in some margin for unexpected events.. otherwise it could become a hectic trip.
Got back last night, was a total of 1935 miles in three days. Mapquest mileage is off quite a bit.

Saturday's run was a 400 mile group ride with 300 of it in the twisties. There are some awesome roads in Texas and Louisiana, seems they built them just for motorcycles.

Was a great time, met some really fun people, had some great food, put some scratches on the pegs. The Vic won't lean far enough to wear the chicken strips without wearing off the foot pegs first. but it got close. The tits on the new tires are gone!

And yeah, my butt is staying off the bike for a day!

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip to me! The thing about taking that kind of trip is, if you don't get as far as you planned or you don't see all of the things you wanted to see, you just have to try again. It's an excuse to ride some more. :D :D

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a fun trip to me! The thing about taking that kind of trip is, if you don't get as far as you planned or you don't see all of the things you wanted to see, you just have to try again. It's an excuse to ride some more. :D :D
That's true, I saw more stuff than I could have ever imagined. I'm still sorting it out in my brain. When I retire, I will take a different type of trip, but since I'm still a young 57, I'm going to do as much as fast as I can.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
LOL!! I'm only 57. I was just really fortunate to be able to retire at 55. Before we retired we used to take 2 week vacations and went on some wonderful trips. I prefer vacationing and touring on the bike to any other way. The motor home hasn't had 500 miles put on it since 2010 and about 200 of that was when our daughter borrowed it to go to the lake.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried retirement when we sold our business, I couldn't stand not working, I needed a reason to get up in the morning. We have horses on a small acreage so that limits us on how much time we can be gone. Together we take a lot of one day trips, but we do stop to smell the roses.
Last weekend was just my three day getaway, one I haven't taken for several years.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next time I think I'll take the Raider, it has more seat padding and it's larger than my old 10 speed seat.

Already thinking of going back to San Antonio in three weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts