Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
28,624 Posts
That's the only way to do it. People have seen motorcyclist before with them, men and women. No big deal. Just leave them on and go.

Reactions: Jack Ryan

·
Very Famous Person
10,109 Posts
--

If I'm going somewhere in chaps--which isn't real often since most everywhere I stay is warm enough without the need for warmth--I most certainly leave them on. No one has ever said anything about it.

But if they did, I would just swing my chain and smack them good! You gotta' problem with that?

RonK

·
Super Moderator
6,291 Posts
Sherry, I used to wear them all the time, before I bought the overpants. I still like to wear the chaps when the weather isn't that cold to wear overpants, so early summer and fall. If I am wearing them traveling, they stay on where ever I go, into a restaurant, store, etc. Unless I want to do some sightseeing or hiking...then I slip them off and roll them up put them under a bungie/net or in a bag.

Reactions: Jack Ryan

·
Super Moderator
6,291 Posts
...hahaha "Caked in bugs," that look like snot running down your chaps, I hate that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got a new set of chaps..I'm kind of weary of wearing them though. Do they really protect against the cold that much? It's barely November 1st and we hit our first freeze last night. It would have been nice to ride today as the sun was out but 40 degrees is just too dang cold for my blood! (I'm from Arizona, land of the heat!)

·
Warning: Mood change in 3... 2... 1...
287 Posts
With the contortions I go through putting the dang chaps on, the alternative is to never go in anywhere... absolutely wear the chaps.

--

She's just kidding. You don't have to wear sunscreen under them. Sometimes I don't bother with my jeans, though, just use the chaps. Imagine that. :p

--
hubba.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
If you wear chaps it is just like other protective gear. You keep it on unless you will be off the bike long enough to warrant removing them.
Porky, if you wear nothing under them they become cheek chillers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with most of the other posters.
Usually when I'm wearing chaps it's because it's cold/rainy/windy out. So even when I'm walking around I'll keep them on. Especially if it's just a short trip into the gas station/convenience store. Other wise I'm not really wearing them or my stay would be long enough to merit taking them off for comfort of walking (2+ hours)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.