Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Are signaling a left turn there Misti?
Ha! I'm showing the throttle control signal to my student. in that pic! Gets tricky sometimes doing the hand signals when you're going at a good clip, but with the throttle control signal, we try and show our students when exactly in the corner we are rolling on the gas and how we are rolling on through the corner. It's pretty effective :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
View attachment 65118
This is me coaching at Virginia International Raceway Aug 2019. I'm missing coaching soooooo much and hoping I can get back at it this year sometime when travel restrictions are lifted or change or life goes back to somewhat normal.

View attachment 65119

This is what I've taken up this year instead. New to me KTM 200 xcw. Love it.
Nice!!! How do you like the 2 stroke? Had you ridden in the dirt before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I often ride with my friends up the Mountains here in Manila. There is a shack that serves Beef Marrow soup. It's worth driving on weekends. Love from the Philippines!

P.S Then the big bikes on longer trips : )

·
Registered
2 Posts
This site requests you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
What? another Dragon pic? Of course, haven't we ALL been there?

Camping along the New Mexico Back Country Discovery Route. NMBDR

Hitting the Colorado passes!

Camping in Utah

I do get out in the dirt, quite a bit

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice!!! How do you like the 2 stroke? Had you ridden in the dirt before?
I LOVE IT!!!! Yes I've ridden in the dirt before but mostly motocross tracks and I've done the Rich Oliver Mystery School as well as the Texas Tornado Boot Camp. Earlier this year, I took up trail riding locally on some incredible single track trails we have here in BC but I was riding my 2008 YZ 125 which was great for certain aspects of riding but it was much too tall for me, didn't climb hills well and was a pain in the ass to constantly have to kick start (especially since I always needed to find a rock or log to stand on while kicking it!) I test rode a 2021 Beta 200 which was amazing but out of my price league, then a KTM 150xcw which was good but I figured I needed a bit more. I then test rode the 250 xcw which was manageable but then a 200 came up and I snatched it. I'm IN LOVE with it, though I still fall over a ton (it's a height thing!) I'm only 5'4 so for Christmas my husband got me a cut down KTM seat which I haven't tried yet. Wow, that was a long reply to your question, lol. So yes, I LOVE MY BIKE!!! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here are my touring bikes:

My 2007 Goldwing at Independence Pass Colorado

My 2007 FJR1300 on the Blue Ridge Parkway

My VTX1300 got me started wanting to tour, but I sold it. This was going over 441 south of Gatlinburg, TN

My favorite adventure pic is from The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, but I'm already using that as my avatar pic.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts