Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Also noted another "bug" I guess. The little flag under the avatar states that if you want your state flag to only enter the state. Well I put just my state in and it says to give a valid city and/or country. Well, I assure you Texas is a valid state. It seems to demand the suggested Texas, USA but as you can see, that only gives the USA flag, not the state.
At this point we are not going to get that granular with flags; however it has been something put in the development queue, just no promise of it being worked on at this moment.
And yes, Imgbox is currently not a supported GIF hosting site, this is something we're working on resolving.

-Gerrit

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
Is there such a thing as an Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG so all the editor functions are available? The admins of past went to a lot of work to get functions like YOUTUBE or MEDIA, SCRIPT and SUBSCRIPT. But simple stuff like COLOR, SIZE are missing as well with the current very limited editor. I think I've asked this already but can't find it and you said to post things again that are problems. So here it is.

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
One more. Don't know if it's a bug or not. I moved a post that everyone could see to Area 51/Trash/Archive or something like that. But a place that only mods and admins could see. This has always worked fine until the new format. One thing though, it was a Sticky. The end result was the post title could still be seen by everyone and thankfully not everyone could access it. I just can't say for fact that a Sticky would have still been seen in the old format or not, but I'm pretty sure the staff area and everything in it was off limits and the general public did not see ANYTHING there, Sticky or not. This seems like a bug to me. I've only done something like this once and only one person reported they could still see the post title once but this seems like a bug. I renamed the post to something that made sense not to try to look at it. Or at least I hope that's the way it worked, but no one has mentioned not having access to that post since, so it seems like it worked.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
One more. Don't know if it's a bug or not. I moved a post that everyone could see to Area 51/Trash/Archive or something like that. But a place that only mods and admins could see. This has always worked fine until the new format. One thing though, it was a Sticky. The end result was the post title could still be seen by everyone and thankfully not everyone could access it. I just can't say for fact that a Sticky would have still been seen in the old format or not, but I'm pretty sure the staff area and everything in it was off limits and the general public did not see ANYTHING there, Sticky or not. This seems like a bug to me. I've only done something like this once and only one person reported they could still see the post title once but this seems like a bug. I renamed the post to something that made sense not to try to look at it. Or at least I hope that's the way it worked, but no one has mentioned not having access to that post since, so it seems like it worked.
Hmm this sounds like it may be a bug. Was this still an issue when you unstuck the thread? Could you do me a favor and link me to the thread that was the issue?

As for editors, we can certainly work to expand out the editing features, but as of now the features are the only ones which did not cause site wide issues when implementing them in the move. Keep an eye on the update to see if we develop functionality for the other features.

-Gerrit

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
Hmm this sounds like it may be a bug. Was this still an issue when you unstuck the thread? Could you do me a favor and link me to the thread that was the issue?

As for editors, we can certainly work to expand out the editing features, but as of now the features are the only ones which did not cause site wide issues when implementing them in the move. Keep an eye on the update to see if we develop functionality for the other features.

-Gerrit
I will get that to you tomorrow. I’m away from my laptop and trying to use the cell phone which I’m not good at all in using. How kids use these things is beyond me.

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
One thing that has surfaced or that members have noticed, the edit time limit seems to have changed drastically from the previous format. I think it was something like 15 minutes and after that you had to contact a moderator if you wanted further changes. So is this the way you want it or is this an oversight? There was a real reason for the 15 minute limit. I'm honestly not sure what the original reason was but do know it kept members honest at least. But the members brought this to my attention so I'm asking on their behalf. Is this the way it is to be and exactly what is it then? If it stays this way then members might be forced to use the Reply with quote feature more and not rely on being able to refer to post number such in such. I personally like keeping members, show we say, more honest rather than allow changes a day later after they sober up in some cases.
hint hint ;) ;) ;)

EDIT: And does this new system/format ever indicate a post has in fact been edited? Sometimes knowing it has tells something as well. I do see something about not showing I think in my version but not sure about all members. See, I say when I edit, when I remember to do it.:) :) :)

EDIT #2: Added the word minutes for clarification.

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
So there ya go guys, you now have 24 hours to edited. So if you sober up soon enough...

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
Until you get this gif problem fixed, can you tell me how to get the long address for this or I guess anything from imagebox dot com.

I've had it displayed in a separate tab and used that address and still it is, well,
STILL STILL

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
I think the only one's that work are from giphy?

I figure that myself but want the admins to know we are still
looking for this to work. I mean they want us to jump through
hoops so why not them. Tuesdays are supposed to be the
roll out of fixes and functions so who knows. We can hope.

·
On The Road Again!
2,563 Posts
Trying not to be a pain in the rear....
But when are we going to get rid of that USELESS column that takes up fully a third of my screen, on the right.
"About this discussion"....really? What's the purpose?
"The Motorcycle Forum"....of course it is, that's why I"m here!
"Top contributors this month".....Who cares?? What is this? Some sort of contest?
"Popular Communities"....They aren't popular with me!!!!

There is only one thing there that is of any use, "Forum Staff", and that
could be a link at the bottom of the page.
How do I get the rest of my screen back?
That right column is nothing but wasted space and self serving advertising by the forum owner.

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
But when are we going to get rid of that USELESS column that takes up fully a third of my screen, on the right.
I doubt you'll ever see that. I think that's where they hope to have advertisements. The kind we all try to block at all cost.

·
Registered
476 Posts
^ It already is advertisements on my end. Understandable I would think. You have to make money. Believe me when I say, better to see the ads than to ask me for the money ;) . Maybe an option to pay for no ads could be in order. It wouldn't be something I would opt for, just sayin'.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I figure that myself but want the admins to know we are still
looking for this to work. I mean they want us to jump through
hoops so why not them. Tuesdays are supposed to be the
roll out of fixes and functions so who knows. We can hope.
We have not forgotten, and are still working on it along with the other reported errors. I hope for a fix for y'all soon too.

^ It already is advertisements on my end. Understandable I would think. You have to make money. Believe me when I say, better to see the ads than to ask me for the money ;) . Maybe an option to pay for no ads could be in order. It wouldn't be something I would opt for, just sayin'.
This is another feature we're working on building out. Both filling the side column with interesting and useful information, and building out premium membership to allow for users who would like to support us, and get the benefit of less ads.

-Gerrit

·
American Legion Rider
18,097 Posts
Can you also add the members location under their avatar area instead of or in addition to their post count. In addition to would be best. Most or many think the post count is of lesser value so if you have limited space then I think we would prefer you sacrifice post count in favor of location. It's just another item that has been getting a few complaints even though that info is readily available with a cursor hover over the avatar/member name. And I have to agree the location tells more than post count at a glance.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Can you also add the members location under their avatar area instead of or in addition to their post count. In addition to would be best. Most or many think the post count is of lesser value so if you have limited space then I think we would prefer you sacrifice post count in favor of location. It's just another item that has been getting a few complaints even though that info is readily available with a cursor hover over the avatar/member name. And I have to agree the location tells more than post count at a glance.
If you hover your mouse over the flag it will show the users location if they choose to share it.

Some additional updates have been made to the user profile pop up also this week.

Jeff M

161 - 180 of 186 Posts