Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
Since you wanted all questions asked in this one huge thread, how do we know what functions or problems have been asked and answered or which ones are still open or were completely missed. One problem one thread you could watch and know if it was completely satisfactorily. Do you have problem reports you keep everything in so you know when an issue has been resolved? I know a few of mine have been addressed but I know of at least one that I'm not sure of. Maybe ignoring it purposely or never saw it in the waves of problems. Not sure which. And if I have one, how many others are out there? I actually think I have more than one but they are lost in this one big thread. But that one I keep running into almost daily.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Since you wanted all questions asked in this one huge thread, how do we know what functions or problems have been asked and answered or which ones are still open or were completely missed. One problem one thread you could watch and know if it was completely satisfactorily. Do you have problem reports you keep everything in so you know when an issue has been resolved? I know a few of mine have been addressed but I know of at least one that I'm not sure of. Maybe ignoring it purposely or never saw it in the waves of problems. Not sure which. And if I have one, how many others are out there? I actually think I have more than one but they are lost in this one big thread. But that one I keep running into almost daily.
If there are any questions we have missed, please holler at us and ask again. :)

- Cricket

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
So what's going to take to get .gif files to function as intended, to be animated. The only way the current work is to go into edit mode. Waste of time to go to edit on every post just to see something you might have missed. I figured with everything being posted in one post that things were getting lost.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
So what's going to take to get .gif files to function as intended, to be animated. The only way the current work is to go into edit mode. Waste of time to go to edit on every post just to see something you might have missed. I figured with everything being posted in one post that things were getting lost.
This has already been reported as a bug. The developers are currently working on this issue.

It doesn't happen with every animated GIF which is part of what took a while to troubleshoot.

As you can see here, this one works.

- Cricket

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
Well you must have had to look hard cause everyone I tried failed or I have a different type of gif file. I didn't know there was a difference. Or is it the location of the gifs where they are stored?

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Well you must have had to look hard cause everyone I tried failed or I have a different type of gif file. I didn't know there was a difference. Or is it the location of the gifs where they are stored?
When I use giphy.com I make sure not to use the shortened link and avoid those hosted on different sites until they fix the bug. They do know now that it is somehow related to resizing so we hope to see a fix for this soon.

This is an example of a style of link that works.

- Cricket

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,328 Posts
I have a question, is there a way to block a specific thread? One that you never want to see ever again? Unfollow doesn't work. It just continues to show up in my feed of new posts.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I have a question, is there a way to block a specific thread? One that you never want to see ever again? Unfollow doesn't work. It just continues to show up in my feed of new posts.
You could block (ignore) the thread starter but that would keep you from seeing any of his posts.

- Cricket

·
Ace Tuner
1,617 Posts
And on a different note....
When I click on the "new" bubble at the top right of my screen I do not see all of the new content.
For the last two days I was beginning to think that this was about the only place anyone was posting. Somehow I stumbled onto the M/C repair section and found some new questions I might be able to help with.
Just thought I should mention it. (Not always seeing new content).

S F

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
When I use giphy.com I make sure not to use the shortened link and avoid those hosted on different sites until they fix the bug. They do know now that it is somehow related to resizing so we hope to see a fix for this soon.

This is an example of a style of link that works.
View attachment 60051

- Cricket
Looks like y'all are working on it. I'm getting errors now that stop the usage of the short address.
But I'd like to know how to get the long address when I'm only given the short? At least until fixed.

·
Ace Tuner
1,617 Posts
And on a different note....
When I click on the "new" bubble at the top right of my screen I do not see all of the new content.
For the last two days I was beginning to think that this was about the only place anyone was posting. Somehow I stumbled onto the M/C repair section and found some new questions I might be able to help with.
Just thought I should mention it. (Not always seeing new content).

S F
" When I click on the "new" bubble at the top right of my screen I do not see all of the new content."

I think I got it now. It was in the filters.

S F

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
I just saw your post and was going to mention to look at you preferences.
So could you tell everyone what you had to change and to what. This is all
a big learning session for everyone right now. I control my colors so I have
yet another place I have to look. Fortunately it's an add-on so I can just
completely turn it off. But I know there are other places that must be checked
as well, so tell everyone what it was in your case please.

·
Administrator
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Looks like y'all are working on it. I'm getting errors now that stop the usage of the short address.
But I'd like to know how to get the long address when I'm only given the short? At least until fixed.
Yes, this is something we are working on, we have a few fixes we're rolling out, so Check on the release notes to see when things are patched and announced
Ad for capturing the longer link on GIPHY, I click the link icon next to the one I've selected on the GIPHY home page. The one you want is the middle link

If you're using a site like Imgur, or otherwise, if you right click on a GIF, you should see something that says "Open Image in New Tab" or something similar. The URL of that will be the longer link as well

" When I click on the "new" bubble at the top right of my screen I do not see all of the new content."

S F
Glad you could find your solution before I could post the tutorial. Your filter settings will allow you to select only content you are subscribed to, or new things across the site.
Let me know if you need further assistance

-Gerrit

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
If you're using a site like Imgur, or otherwise, if you right click on a GIF, you should see something that says "Open Image in New Tab" or something similar. The URL of that will be the longer link as well
Yeah, that's what I tried and got the same no animation bug. I'll just have to wait I guess.

That's one right there. New tab, longer url, no animation.
Code:
https://images2.imgbox.com/27/58/94wXOP4E_o.gif
But comes from a free site called imgbox.com

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
Also noted another "bug" I guess. The little flag under the avatar states that if you want your state flag to only enter the state. Well I put just my state in and it says to give a valid city and/or country. Well, I assure you Texas is a valid state. It seems to demand the suggested Texas, USA but as you can see, that only gives the USA flag, not the state.

141 - 160 of 186 Posts