Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDK whyyyyyy realy but I did it as the brakes made a bit of noise (ocd) i sprayed just tiny bit of wd40 on my break pads.... idiot i am. When I try to stop now, even with the front my rear tire kinda blocks/slides (probably as it is now WELL greased or something.
Now, is there a way to clean it without disassambly of the whole thing and letting brake fluid leak...
Also, on front wheel brake fluid container i do not clearly see the level, except it is golden inside (it looks like empty but reflecting honey gold), the rear container is leveled correcly. HELP!

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
You can try to spray brake cleaner between the pads and disk. If that doesn't work the brake pads may need to be changed. I wouldn't ride the motorcycle until the brakes work properly.

You can take the cover off of the brake cylinder to check the level. The fluid should be clear. If it has turned dark it's probably time to flush it.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
The pads have probably soaked up the WD40, not sure you can fix it without replacing the pads. Like Dobs said don't ride it until you fix it.

·
Ace Tuner
3,494 Posts
Yep, time for new brake pads. :eek:
Probably be a good idea to clean the brake rotor with contact cleaner or something too...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts