Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help fix my cbr 125r I aciddently put enginge collant in my oil during a oil change, I was driving to work and heard it wasn't sounding great so went to go back home. However on the way back the bike just stoped and now it wont start again, I have drained the water out and left the plug out overnight to drain. Since then I have refilled with oil but it still wont start.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
The amount of damage would depend on how long it was run. A lot of nasty things can happen to engine internals when water gets into the oil. Have you checked prices on a used engine?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sounds like the engine seized on you. Running antifreeze instead of oil is a poor choice as a lube.

You might try pulling the spark plug, add some Marvel Mystery Oil, trans fluid, any light weight oil, and let it sit for a couple of days. Add the same thing to the crank case and try to kick it over. Don't start it! Just kick it thru to lube everything.

Drain and do it again. Don't leave the engine open. The air will start the rusting process.

Once the engine is flushed, add regular oil and give a whirl. That's about all I can think of doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts