Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the story isn't really about motorcycles but here goes.

Back in September or August time frame my wife and i were heading to a friends house. I followed her on my motorcycle out of town. There is a really steep hill that trucks have trouble going up, its a 55 Mph zone but they cant go faster than 20. I am still following my wife in her car and she is behind the tractor trailer with one other car in front of her. I see the car in front of her begin to pass the truck and then i see my wife just follow it blindly. I kept saying to my self please don't do it but she kept going, she was passing this truck up a hill at this point. So she passes this truck just as a car in oncoming in the opposite lane and thank god the girl was paying attention and took the shoulder and go out of the way. I latterly saw my wife almost get into a head on going 55. I was so thankful she didn't get hurt and boy i gave her hell for doing it but we were ok.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
That's how bikers get killed, people just don't pay any attention or care about other people. No doubt that was a no passing zone too. Glad nobody got hurt or worse.

·
Ace Tuner
2,946 Posts
Fog will kill you too.
A friend of mine got caught in the fog one night but tried to make it home anyway. Some woman passed a car and head-on'd him.
I believe visibility was about 40~50 feet at the time. No way could she see his bike in time in that fog. Or even a Mac truck for that matter.
Stupid woman killed my buddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fog will kill you too.
A friend of mine got caught in the fog one night but tried to make it home anyway. Some woman passed a car and head-on'd him.
I believe visibility was about 40~50 feet at the time. No way could she see his bike in time in that fog. Or even a Mac truck for that matter.
Stupid woman killed my buddy.
Sorry to hear about your buddy, a tip for others caught in fog though, always ride on the right hand side of the lane in heavy fog.

Grumpy
GrumpyBiker.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts