Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one of the first times I used my onboard video camera (Drift 720HD) a while back.
Had a guy on a sportbike overcooks a corner and almost smokes both of us. I saw him just as I was about to lean into the corner and had just enough time to straighten up and get on the binders. A split second earlier or a bit faster and we may have hit head on.
He's lucky I wasn't driving the Jeep.

Pucker factor ~7.8

Ride often, Ride far, ride safe.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Yep. Definitely a "close call."

THAT person is destined for trouble if they don't pick good lines!

-soupy

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Sitting straight up on the bike, barely leaned over, there ain't no reason that guy couldn't keep on his side of the road apart from fear and inexperience.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Those are the few that cause most of the problems, sometimes they don't get a second chance. Fortunately, experience of one saved the lives of several.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
DAYUM!

Thats nerve-wracking just to WATCH not knowing which corner it's gonna happen on! Puckered MY Patootie!

What kinda dashcam you running, btw? I've been reviewing 'em.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it was the closest I've come to hitting another bike; which makes it all the more strange that I have it on video.
It did seem to me like he was trying to keep up with a more experienced rider in front of him. Seemed like he knew he was in too fast and then when he saw me, he kind of panicked as sat up.

I considered turning around and catching them up. Not sure if would have hugged him or punched him.

@Wade= I'm using a Drift 720 HD that I got for cheap on close-out in spring of 2013. It works pretty well for the $80 I paid, but there are definitely better cams out there if you're willing to pay for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts