Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
It is unfortunate that because of an a$$hole in a cage you are injured and have to stop riding. I wish you a speedy and favorable recovery.

If you see it from the less bad side, you have the opportunity to sue that guy until he pays for all the pain and material losses you suffered, even demand that his license be revoked.

When some jerk in a cage knocked me off my bike at a stoplight, he took off. I was barely lifting my head off the ground by the time the jerk was already doing 100kmph three blocks ahead. I didn't get to see the license plates or any other characteristic other than that it was a truck similar to a gray expedition.

And here I am, with a steel plate on my left wrist (I have an antenna in my radius), riding as if nothing had happened.

Let's hope it's just a bad streak and fortune favors you from now on.

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
715 Posts
Don't be too quick to assume you're all done riding .

I got hit the same way, a gypsy cab ran me over at a red light going in excess of 50 MPH, broke my neck and spine, both knees mangled on and on yet I still ride .

Not like I could before but you may well discover you miss riding a lot more than you fear being killed .

Just today I discovered my left hand will make a closed fist again, it's hasn't been able to do that for some years now....

Follow the P.T. regimin closely and good luck with the lawsuit .

My idiot cab driver had nothing, the ins. co. paid some but no "KA-CHING !" moment to ease the fact that I can't work anymore .

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha R7
1,710 Posts
Dang that suxs? If cagers can't get off their cells while driving, why not get a Bluetooth, or other handsfree. Saw this prick open his door on a cyclist yesterday. It seemed intentional. Thankfully the rider was on his game and swerved. I yelled at the driver and he was laughing.

• Angry
Reactions: -Nate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear fellow rider. You should think of the grass is always greener......
my friend rides in sneakes and he had complete ankle reconstruction and ACL replacement. Broke all the ribs on his left side.
Coded in the ambulance and took weeks to balance his metabolism etc... Hospice care for 9 weeks and 1.5 years rehab with 3 subsequent surgeries on his 4 steel plates.

ATGATT is my motto and lots of lights and reflective strips in the back. A single tail light just doesn't catch anyone's eye (depth perception).

Heal fast and get back out there.

·
Registered
Bordeaux Red 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT
192 Posts
Frig. Just saw this after seeing your scooter thread. That sucks, but at least it wasn’t worse. Look at it this way - now you have a great excuse to get something with a DCT. I have no excuse other than I’m getting old and lazy, and I love mine. I’m not usually a fan of lawyers, but when I got hit (by a #@$&wad on a cell phone) years ago, I was glad to have one. Do everything he tells you, do your PT, and hopefully you’ll be back good as new in no time. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX, 1995 Ducati, Harley panhead in a box
56 Posts
Im right now considering not riding bikes ever again. This wreck came on the heels of whats likely been the most weird month cuple weeks i have ever had. First was the screw. Now, I get rear ended on a DR650 by a G35. I thought i got away clean until i tried to stand up. The right leg, where i got the screw. I ruptured my achillies tendon at some point. And the dude driving the car. I want to split his melon, I will sue his a$$ instead, bit if i get walking, it will be hard not to get my hands around his throat. At any rate, im done for a bit, cant ride in my splint thing, and i cant move my foot. But i dont think im street riding anymore. we will see. here itnis a few days later.it actually looks way better. I was also knicked out of my shoes. forgive my mess.Still moving, and im not so fast right now. View attachment 74145 View attachment 74143 View attachment 74144 View attachment 74145 View attachment 74143 View attachment 74145
View attachment 74144
View attachment 74143
Glad your alive!! Get better, do the physical therapy, and go riding when your ready. Forget assaulting the G35 driver, if you do you’ll be the bad guy = jail time.
Have the driver “ Show you the money!”

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
715 Posts
"It should be legal for motorcyclists to shoot dangerous car/SUV/truck drivers. " ~ that's exactly what the stupid kid in Buffalo New York last night thought .

Firearms are a precious thing to have, don't allow a moment of anger to cause the loss of them forever .

Reactions: Goodman614

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,219 Posts
I'm 65 never had or been involved in a traffic accident until last year when I was rear ended twice with in 8 months of one another both vehicles were totaled. The last one was in august of 2021 the wife and I were stopped at a red light and were rear ended by a dodge ram 1500 doing 50mph the speed limit was 50 mph never hit the brakes prior to impact. Thats twice I could have been on the bike. Very scary stuff.
I was backed into at a stoplight, knocked me over, the guy took off. But I got a good look at him and the passenger and got a plate number. Two witnesses behind me stopped and helped and talked to the police. After my description, they had a good idea who it was (local dirtbag recidivist) and arrested him. Because he did $1000+ damage to my 2015 NINJA 1000 with bags (I was fine, and at least the van was insured), in Missouri that makes a hit-and-run a felony. Took two years for it to get through the system and he got some kind of probation. Meanwhile, I would see his name in the county's weekly newspaper every three or four months for something else like stealing, receiving stolen property, etc. Not too long ago I saw that he finally got his probation revoked and is behind bars. Some people just never learn.

Some years back, we got rear-ended in our Prius at a stoplight on a 40mph street. My husband saw it coming in the rearview mirror and estimated the guy was doing 35. Ended up messing up my neck and left shoulder (soft tissue injuries); that's why I can't stand riding a bike that puts me in a racing position for more than 20 minutes at a crack. After it happened, paramedics came and checked over my son and me. The guy's wife was taking pictures of us the whole time. BUT---she had been in the backseat with their NEWBORN on the way home from the hospital!! If it were me, I would have had MY BABY checked over instead of trying to cause trouble for the innocent victims involved. I cannot believe how selfish so many people are anymore.

I hope you recover well and soon from your injuries and are justly compensated for all the damages. And I hope you heal up well enough to ride again, should you decide to do so. 🤞

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think people would be a whole lot more careful if they knew their phones would be confiscated if they got caught talking on those blankety blank things.
I would go one step further and upload the contents of their phones to social media after confiscating it. Might involve a few lawsuits but you wouldn't want to get caught if your saucy messages to the bit on the side got uploaded and you were tagged in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would go one step further and upload the contents of their phones to social media after confiscating it. Might involve a few lawsuits but you wouldn't want to get caught if your saucy messages to the bit on the side got uploaded and you were tagged in it.

And ake pictures of the mess they make and post them in all their social media with "I'm an a$$ole and drive with my cell in hands"... :devil:

·
Registered
54 Posts
And ake pictures of the mess they make and post them in all their social media with "I'm an a$$ole and drive with my cell in hands"... :devil:
Damn right, I'm a big fan of naming and shaming.
It could even cost people their jobs and all the knock on effects that could entail, relationships, their homes etc.
Now some may think that would be a bit harsh but I doubt many people that use this forum would. If you go driving round with your phone in your hand then you are putting that text message or that candy crush level above other people's lives.
IMO even if they don't cause an accident they don't deserve a roof over their heads with an attitude like that.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts