Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im right now considering not riding bikes ever again. This wreck came on the heels of whats likely been the most weird month cuple weeks i have ever had. First was the screw. Now, I get rear ended on a DR650 by a G35. I thought i got away clean until i tried to stand up. The right leg, where i got the screw. I ruptured my achillies tendon at some point. And the dude driving the car. I want to split his melon, I will sue his a$$ instead, bit if i get walking, it will be hard not to get my hands around his throat. At any rate, im done for a bit, cant ride in my splint thing, and i cant move my foot. But i dont think im street riding anymore. we will see. here itnis a few days later.it actually looks way better. I was also knicked out of my shoes. forgive my mess.Still moving, and im not so fast right now. Leg Human body Gesture Finger Barefoot
Textile Mammal Gesture Comfort Pink
Knee Barefoot Wrist Foot Scar
Leg Human body Gesture Finger Barefoot
Leg Human body Gesture Finger Barefoot

Knee Barefoot Wrist Foot Scar

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,889 Posts
Ouch, have they fixed you yet?

Reactions: -Nate

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That really sucks hope the recovery goes well and, on the upside, if you should decide to ride again and I hope you do you should be able to afford any bike you want after your attorney is done with him.
I go to talk about that Monday. The dude wasnt drunk, but he was a weiner neck none the less.

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,433 Posts
Bummer. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Did you ever take a motorcycle safety course? I don't want to read all your posts to find out. I'm just curious. That wouldn't help with jerks on the road but today you have to ride like you are a target and assume they will hit you. So it's totally different than driving a cage and completely different mindset.

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bummer. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Did you ever take a motorcycle safety course? I don't want to read all your posts to find out. I'm just curious. That wouldn't help with jerks on the road but today you have to ride like you are a target and assume they will hit you. So it's totally different than driving a cage and completely different mindset.
I took the first one, I really really liked it. I liked it so much, I set up advanced, and was looking into some more. Cant do it this summer, I might next spring.

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i forgot to add something. Gloves. The ones i had on saved me even more pain. in this pic you can see the only damage my hands took. Just a small bruse. The gloves were got from harbor freight for around 11 bucks and were all leather work gloves. I diddnt even know i did this until a day or so later.

Eyelash Jaw Neck Gesture Waist

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha R7
1,710 Posts
Dang broo. I'm sorry about that. These cagers have gotten very aggressive. I have close calls and see car wrecks on almost every run now. It's quite unnerving.

Reactions: -Nate

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
4,122 Posts
It should be legal for motorcyclists to shoot dangerous car/SUV/truck drivers. That might make some be a bit more careful when around someone on a bike. Good luck with your recovery.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm 65 never had or been involved in a traffic accident until last year when I was rear ended twice with in 8 months of one another both vehicles were totaled. The last one was in august of 2021 the wife and I were stopped at a red light and were rear ended by a dodge ram 1500 doing 50mph the speed limit was 50 mph never hit the brakes prior to impact. Thats twice I could have been on the bike. Very scary stuff.

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can chock it up to distracted driving. It's become a major issue and will only get worse with time.
the dude stood there and told the cops "well, he WAS just sitring there". well, it was not my turn to go, derp as i was at a red light. already spoke to insurance and all that. I will be sueing. The cops did make the dude blow, someone came and got him so i figure he was sober. Im just glad he diddnt run me all the way over. I still have to pick up whats left of the bike. maybe i can make a frankinDR650? dunno. i still have sruff to do, but i think im done on the street, unless its another pandemic or something.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I think people would be a whole lot more careful if they knew their phones would be confiscated if they got caught talking on those blankety blank things. I doubt anyone will admit they were talking on their cell phone when they rear end a line of cars sitting at a red light.

"Oh Officer, he was just sitting there right in the middle of the traffic lane!" "Am I expected to put on my brakes and slow down?" Should be an instant license revocation.

·
Registered
2009 HD superglide FXD.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think people would be a whole lot more careful if they knew their phones would be confiscated if they got caught talking on those blankety blank things. I doubt anyone will admit they were talking on their cell phone when they rear end a line of cars sitting at a red light.

"Oh Officer, he was just sitting there right in the middle of the traffic lane!" "Am I expected to put on my brakes and slow down?" Should be an instant license revocation.
Ya. The legal dude i spoke with flat said this guy, or his parents are sueable. My biggest fear is that my leg is wrecked for good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts