Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site so not sure if this type of post is the norm.

I have a trip booked from Chicago to Asheville NC 10 hour ride by vehicle, from 6/21/21 to 6/26/21 and my riding partner can not get off work now due a shortage of people that week. We are good friends and she has traveled with me on many trips in the past.

I really don't want to travel there alone, and ride the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway myself. Looking for someone who is experienced at riding on the back of a Harley, who can read google maps or a map to guide us in the right direction. I have a cabin rented in Asheville, as there are many breweries and the Biltmore Estate to visit.

My plan is to trailer my bike there on Monday ride Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and return to Chicago Saturday 6/26/21.

If there is anyone out there in the Chicago or Asheville area who would love to ride the Parkway with me? Send me an email and I can provide details about me and the trip.

·
Registered
2020 Tracer 900GT
207 Posts
Strange request but I wish you well, and solo trips are many times the best trips IMHO.....give it a try. ;) Leave the trailer at home, ride that HOG all the way there and back.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I thought it seemed very reasonable :D I would be happy with a female riding partner any day of the week, but my wife might not appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Strange request but I wish you well, and solo trips are many times the best trips IMHO.....give it a try. ;) Leave the trailer at home, ride that HOG all the way there and back.
I dont think its a strange request, but I do have to agree about solo trips. I do solo trips most of the time and love it. My last trip was to Robbinsville NC & Cherokee Lake TN just before the Covid **** started, planning another one this October. Nothing wrong with going with others, I've done both. But I prefer going alone for so many reasons. One being the untethered freedom that one experiences when alone in the mountains a thousand miles from home and not having to account for anyone but yourself for days at a time. its excellent therapy for the soul, probably none better.

View from the cabin's front yard.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,188 Posts
Not to mention you can stop when and where you want even if it is only to contemplate your navel.

Reactions: Zebraranger

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Having a riding passenger, is not the easiest situation. Not the right word but I have not found a more suitable one.
The number of girls / ladies who have been a passenger / riding companion, is not large. Reason why I can remember most of them.
Buffy of course always features high on the list. I am lucky / fortunate now, that Shirley will ride with me. And we are both seniors. UK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts