Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good deal on a good bike that has Cobra straight pipes ( no baffles?). I need quieter! Y’all want to sell me that stock exhaust buried in your garage? Please?!?

PM me here or post...Thanks!!

·
American Legion Rider
26,010 Posts
Have you tried eBay or site specific for Yamaha and this your last straw so to speak?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried eBay or site specific for Yamaha and this your last straw so to speak?

hogcowboy- I did an internet search for MC salvage yards; I filled out a form on maybe 6-8 of them asking about exhaust. Maybe a dozen more had a good search engine to check their current inventory but didn't have any exhaust for my bike. I did find 1 salvage yard that had 4-5 exhausts ranging from pretty nice ($350) to rough (still $200:cautious:). eBay has some but the sellers are REALLY proud of them :(

I have emailed 2 craigslist posters; no response yet. I hope to get a "wanted" ad on CL this weekend. I am already registered here so I thought no harm no foul to ask. I hope to join the Vstar forum this weekend too.

I found out this week I go to training for possible job transfer in March, So I will be studying/ working on that the next 6 weeks or so. Bike isn't going to move much☹ . But HEY- I own it ??

Slick nick - thanks for the info. I saw several places that listed exhaust for 1999-2004. I will check before I order.

·
American Legion Rider
26,010 Posts
I also would try other brand sites, especially Harley as people seem to want to migrate to them at some point as they trade scoots but they trade to others as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts