Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In 1967, while I was in the Air Force, I bought a brand new Z50, with the folding handlebars, fuel tank shut of valves (2) and carried it in the trunk of my Dodge Dart GT:grin:

I was stationed at Edwards AFB, in the Mojave desert and it was fun to unload the Z50 and ride through the desert and shoot Jackrabbits :wink2:

I bought another one in 1976 for my Son's first 'bike' and he loved it.:smile:

This new one though is larger, has better brakes and a 125cc engine and is street legal:smile_big:

In 2012, I had a 125cc Yamaha Zuma scooter and rode it frequently on my 11 mile ride to work, on beautiful rural country roads @ 45 mph and always had a smile on my face, getting 100 mpg:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I test rided the new Monkey 125cc on one event we have here in Finland. It was really fun! I was smiling all the time as I rode it :grin: I had a classic Monkey model of 1992 when I was in my moped age (age 15-18) (not I'm 24 years old) so it was nostalgic to ride it again :)

(I would have inserted a link / image here but I'm not allowed to that yet since I'm new here. If you want, look me up from Instagram by @mingooda )

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come back and join in and post more about your riding and life in Finland!

This is a great forum so enjoy.

Sam:grin:

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
It's so cute... Not sure what I'd do with it but it's an adorable little bike, but not cheap!

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike, you could carry it in the trunk of your Victory RV, just in case it broke down:grin:

The one I want to see in person is the new 125cc CUB:smile_big:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I would NOT buy it just because of the name. I hate monkeys.

Cool bike though - if you get Motortrend On Demand they just put a show up about a couple guys riding a couple Monkeys down the Baja Peninsula.

·
American Legion Rider
25,919 Posts
Mike, you could carry it in the trunk of your Victory RV, just in case it broke down:grin:

The one I want to see in person is the new 125cc CUB:smile_big:

Yep, the Victory could be your Toyhauler for that little thing. It is cute. I'd have a blast running around some of my pastures with that little thing.:grin:

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
The funny thing was as tiny as it is it was actually comfortable to sit on, bars, controls, everything felt natural. It’s got to be a blast to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Porky
1 - 13 of 13 Posts