Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Very Famous Person
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--
Perhaps someone has explained this before, I don't remember. I was flipping around the stations on the t.v. today (I know, most men don't do that), and I saw a short part of one episode of Walking Dead. You know, the zombie show.

Now in this clip, there were several people who apparently were some of those wanderers who walk down this forest road where zombies occasionally pop out from behind the trees and make zombie noises before someone in the group either shoots them or cuts them in half with a machete. Just for variety, sometimes these people are inside some kind of compound where they quickly run out through the gate and lock it just before the zombies catch up with them.

First off, why are these people always in this forest anyway? Then, why the big deal in running away from the zombies since they don't walk too fast since their knees don't seem to bend? And how come the zombies don't just climb over the fence or dig under since, if I have this right, they were once underground anyway which is why they are always so dirty and half decomposed?

I have never watched an episode, so maybe there's some point to all this. Can someone clue me in?:confused:

--

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is quite obvious that you have never watched an episode, and more importantly, watched all four previous season IN ORDER. You questions would all be answered.

The "zombies" did not come out of the ground. They CAN move quickly when they are in a large mob. The forest walks are to search for food, ammo and supplies, since all of the Wal-Marts have closed down.

The Walking Dead is NOT about the 'Walkers.' It is about the people who are surviving in a post-apocalyptic world. It really is a great show, if you follow the whole series and identify with the characters.

·
Registered
275 Posts
On the humorous side, there are many unanswered questions. For instance ...

They are in GEORGIA. I can't believe they haven't found a dozen working CB radios for communication. EVERY pickup truck in Georgia has a CB radio!

Even in the zombie apocalypse, someone is mowing all of the lawns!

The event occurred in 2010 when all Hell broke loose, but somehow the survivors are driving a brand new 2014 Hyundai!

The survivors WALK most of the time, but not one of them has thought, "We should really find a bicycle shop!"

If the walkers bite, WHY aren't they all wearing galvanized sheet metal arm protectors?!?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have watched every episode :smiley_mornincoffee , & still don't understand why the zombies don't eat each other.. :confused:

Yes I know it's TV & all that, and if they ate each other the whole show would only be 1 or 2 episodes. I guess there's the reason, lol

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
I like the show. But yes there are the typical problems.

Like, why is it that they can shoot a zombie in the head most of the time. Yet, when they have to defend themselves against humans, they can't seem to hit anyone?

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
I have watched every episode :smiley_mornincoffee , & still don't understand why the zombies don't eat each other.. :confused:

Yes I know it's TV & all that, and if they ate each other the whole show would only be 1 or 2 episodes. I guess there's the reason, lol
It's because they require fresh flesh and warm blood, the walking dead have no blood flow and they're dead, rotting flesh just like if you left a raw piece of meat outside. The infection basically hotwires the brain to function without the other vital organs. There may also be a component related to the infection itself, perhaps the infection identifies other infected and they don't cannibalize, which has not been confirmed in any way.

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
I like the show. But yes there are the typical problems.

Like, why is it that they can shoot a zombie in the head most of the time. Yet, when they have to defend themselves against humans, they can't seem to hit anyone?
I dunno about that.. they're expert marksmen compared to Storm Troopers :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts