Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Honda VLX600, rode it a little bit, but didn鈥檛 get my endorsement. It got stolen from my driveway two weeks ago 馃様. Boyfriend just bought a HD Soft tail standard, and I鈥檝e been bitten by the bug again. I鈥檓 eyeballing two bikes hard right now, both around the same price range. One is a Vulcan S ABS Cafe, and the other is a Vulcan 900 Classic. The latter is my favorite so far, but am concerned that a 900 might be too much bike for a beginning rider. Would love to hear your input!!

Registered
Sounds like you don't have much experience. How did you do on your rides with the 600?
The Vulcan will be heavier of course. I have the Vulcan 900 Classic LT (with bags and windshield( that weights in heavier at some 700#.
The bike is a smooth riding bike, not a fast sports bike,. just a cruiser.

Registered
79 Cb750f
Get the classic. There are tutorials on utube on how to pick up a heavy bike if u drop it.
Weight sometimes can be your friend.
You get to be an accomplished rider and want to go speed racer, then get the crotch rocket.
Just my 2 cents.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, indefinitely don鈥檛 have much experience. I did ok on my Honda, but honestly didn鈥檛 put many hours in. I don鈥檛 want a sport bike, cruiser is more my style...but the Vulcan S is super comfy. However, I worry that if I go with it, I鈥檒l regret it once I get more experience and I鈥檓 trying to cruise on longer rides with the boyfriend, lol. Both bikes are heavier than my Honda, but the difference between the two is only like 120ish pounds or so. It鈥檚 more that I keep hearing that I should be starting on like a 250 or a 500 that makes me think going with the 900 may not be wise. I dunno.

Attachments

Registered
79 Cb750f
there is a lot of truth in a beginner going light at first.
500cc and under.

That being said, for what u have going on, wanting to be a couple that rides, and he's on a softail,
it's a Sportster you might be you're looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts