Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering to buy my first bike with my dad. He used to ride in the past and I am a beginner who used to ride off-road. So, I am a newbie in the street.

We both decided to look for a Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 as we wanna something comfortable. However, we have got a great offer for HD Street Rod 750 which might be even more appropriate for a beginner as it is not a cruiser.

I am looking for some opinions and recommendations from experienced riders. Which bike do you think is better for a beginner? We do not plan to ride long trips. We are more into comfortable trips under like 100-150km.

Thank you in advance.

· Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,522 Posts
The best bike is the one that fits you the best, and that may not be the same for both of you. They're both cruisers but they do sit differently.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

· Swamp Rat Rider
1,971 Posts
I would look at the Kawasaki 900 Classic as well not all that much more to handle than the 650 and comes with everything you need to enjoy and save money adding later ..

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
While looking at cruisers check out the Honda Shadows. I had an 1100, and after 8 years (and 100k miles) switched to a 750. Loved them both, with the only downside being the 750 was chain drive, and I will never get another due to the maintenance as I got spoiled with the shaft drive on the 1100 (no maintenance necessary!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.