Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I've got a problem - there's no spark in the first cylinder of my Honda Shadow VT1100 Aero. I checked the ignition plug and coils by switching the wires - they're alright.
The crankshaft gauge shows regular sawtooth waveform with 4V range when measured by oscillograph. The manual gives 3V minimum range.
I also connected a car battery - the battery is not the case.
I connected the coil with a separate wire - and still no spark. So the wires are ok.
And finally I checked the ECU output transistors - they're also fine.
I tried to connect this ECU to another bike and the bike started normally.
Please, HELP! Maybe there's anyone who had the same problem. I've run out of the ideas...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem on a 2000 VT1100T. Both of my coils are good. All the wiring appears to be good. I swapped out the ICM and the problem still persists. The only other thing I can think is a bad pulse generator, but I have a hard time believing a bad pulse generator would result in good spark on the rear cylinder but no spark on the front cylinder. Were you ever able to fix your bike?

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
I had a problem last week where a bad spark plug boot was stopping the spark. It was new and conducted electricity, but defective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts