Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you folks may know this one, but it's new to me, found somewhere online last week.

Most face shields come with some sort of anti-fog coating, but over time and after a number of cleanings it loses effectiveness. It's easy to fix. First, clean the shield thoroughly and dry it. Then put a thin coat of dandruff shampoo -- I used the Walmart knock-off Head & Shoulders -- on both sides of the shield. Let it sit for a minute or so. Then, using a clean, soft cloth, buff it off.

That's it. The inside will not fog, and rain will run right off of the outside without beading up and obscuring your vision.

:wink2:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
I have never heard that before

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
I've heard of spit but shampoo is a new one to me as well. Let us know if it works for you Krusty. Weather here is to the point it isn't needed.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Through further "research", I have found claims for spit, toothpaste, even plain ol' soap -- and of course there are numerous commercial (expensive) products marketed that purport to do the same. Never tried 'em, don't know.

But this one does work. Example: This morning early I rode a few miles to meet a buddy for coffee. Temp 34F. There's a stoplight a half-mile from my house, and previously in cool weather I had to raise the visor or go blind every time I got caught by it. This time -- clear.

Before you try it, clean the visor then give it the breath test -- breathe heavily on it. Even when it's pretty warm, there'll be a bit of fog on it. Then, try it again after treatment...

It'll eventually wear off just like the coating the visor came with, but the shampoo was something I had at home, works great, and costs maybe 1/2 a penny per application. As Brylcreem used to say -- a little dab'll do ya!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to wally world today. Bot the head shoulders, with a lasting fresh scent. Cruised the ladies lingerie isle because I could. Will apply tonight and test tomorrow.

UK
Yeah, I think that lasting fresh scent is the key.:grin:

I, too, passed thru the lingerie aisle today, but only Bertha Buffalo was there, fingering some skimpies that gave me nightmares just thinking about them...:eek:

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
This puter is skipping a few letters. I need to do a better job of checking.
I bought head & shoulders.

UK
I thought you were purposely doing that. That's the problem with you jokers. We never know if you are serious or not sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts