Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see some of the dirt bike riding trails. One of the few spots you can legally ride in ct without being harrassed. Well, atleast when the dam aint flooded that is. In the distance you can see a field where they fly their remote control airplanes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably cold for you, but it was pretty warm around 65 when the wind wasn't blowing around. Trying my hardest to get out and enjoy these few good days of riding here.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
I'd like to explore some of those trails. It's nice when the leaves are turning, but the scene will be white before too long.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the Thomaston Dam. It was built after the Flood of 55 which leveled most of the Valley communities below. Black Rock Dam was built around the same time, which is on the other side of Thomaston. Back in 89, I saw first hand why the dams where needed, as the water was all the way to the top of the rocks, with controlled let out of water. Majority of the time, the area has no water in it. But when the Naugatuck river and surrounding brooks get flooded, it will have a bit of water.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,858 Posts
While these Pics won't get much points in the way of Beauty, love riding and stopping at this area where the Suwanee River Ends at the Gulf ends in North FL beautiful Ride and Got Place to take a Break before Riding it back as there is only One Road there and back ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts