Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Here is another clip I posted on youtube, this time its of a friend of mine who left his breaking a little too late and overshot turn 2 at this fantasist motogp circuit in Spain. He thinks he was going after the lap record!

As I’m a new member I’m not allowed to post URLs so I would appreciate if somebody could do me a favor and post the link to my video.

To find the clip please go to youtube and search: “Yamaha R6 - Booze visits the kitty Litter in Valencia”

Thanks in advance, hope you enjoy and I look forward to any comments.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Thanks for posting! Cool vid! I had to go back and re-read your post as I couldn't tell if he was late braking or got pushed out of the line!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was late breaking for sure, he was alone on that section.

I added the backwards facing footage to add to the “feel” of the clip but he was alone for sure.

The camera looking back was mounted on my bike (an R1), those pictures were taken earlier in the day and like I said simply edited in for effect.

Thanks for your comment

·
Certified Homeless Biker
2,553 Posts
errr ... come on! It's too short! I love looking at bike cams, especially on tracks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, in that case have a look at these other clips which i posted on youtube, just search for:
"Superbikes at Circuit de Catalunya"
and
"Superbike Tour of France"

keep an eye out for the very tight right at the end of the tour clip.

·
Registered
313 Posts
every time i look at turn one of valencia i get an odd feeling in my stomach, whats the average speed when you start the initial lean in for the turn, its gotta be at least a buck 50 i would imagine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea about the speed, it is a very very fast turn and it opens up nicely on the exit so you really can push it, unlike turn 2. Turn 1 is one of the highlights of the circuit.

I would guess the entry speed to be around 100mph.

I’m sure somebody will point out that colin edwards’ entry speed at turn 1 Valencia is about 120mph which, by lap time extrapolation (an exact science), would mean that we turned in at a speed of say 70mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts