Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am Michael Padway, a California motorcycle lawyer. Thank you for letting me post to this forum. I am an avid motorcycle rider.

Hard to say where to start. I bought a new Victory Vision.

The bike is black, of course, with reverse flames in a special mix metallic paint that constantly changes color with the light. When I went back to pick up the motorcycle, I thought I made a mistake, because the paint went to silver, and had no other color. Not to worry, moving it outside made it come alive, again.

Pipes are black chrome, billet aluminum floating discs, special Arlen Ness chrome wheels, all the flat aluminum taken off, powder coated black, and replaced, lots of chrome bits.

Very intimidating to move up to an over 800 pound motorcycle. Took a few hours to begin feeling really at home, and I will spend some time working on low speed parking lot type stuff. As everyone who has ridden one says, surprisingly good handling, and much easier to ride than it looks. Very comfortable seat, electric windshield that goes up and down, excellent stereo. I may experiment with windshield heights, however, because for me the standard windshield sends wind up my lower back, which may be good on hot days, but is otherwise a minus. Actually pulled up on the bottom of my jacket.

Adjustable foot controls are another big plus for me, and the handlebar comes so far back that there is no noticeable reach. Low seat height makes getting feet on the ground a non-issue.

The balance is good, another contributor to making life easy.

More to come as I get used to this, but everyone seems to love this ride.

Michael Padway, michaelpadway.com

·
ZR7 owner
44 Posts
Cool. I don't know anything about those bikes, but it sounds like you sure like it!

What did you upgrade from?

By the way, when I first started reading your post, I was expecting it to be an ad from some "motorcycle lawyer" who doesn't actually ride. Glad you proved me wrong, and kept your selling to a minimum!

L

·
0 Posts
Yet Another Victory

Afternoon Mike and welcome to the forum! :D

As Zerogspacecow said, I too was just expecting another ad! :eek: Thanks for proving us wrong! ;)

Hope you'll keep us all posted on how you're getting along with your new Victory over the coming months - think we'd all be interested in hearing about it over the long term. :cool: I just got my first Victory, a used 2000 V92SC Sport Cruiser just about a year ago. Got to admit it sure dances to a different drummer then the Harleys I had gotten used to after all these years. Still working on the machine at this point but it's still holding my interest. :) Heck, no small miracle these days! ;) Nuff' said.

LRG :cool:

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Great to have you with us mike! Can't wait until you have enough posts to be able to give us a picture on the "what do you ride thread". Have fun,RIDE SAFE!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the Vision! as far as your attorney problem goes, keep working on it. With hard work & a little luck I'm sure you can get that cured.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hey! Micheal. Welcome. Keep the paint side "Up"

I have a good good friend who also suffers from a similar employment situation. He knows (and enjoys) about 1000 lawyer jokes. You got any you like and wanna share? ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts