Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 intruder 1400..Just purchased and I feel a lot of high freq. vibration through the grips and my hands tingle themselves to sleep in 20 minutes. Normal? I hope not. Engine runs good at all speeds. Vibration goes away somewhat at 65+ and completely if you pull in the clutch and coast...HELP

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Yes, it is normal for a big V-twin to have some vibration in the bars; the engine is hard mounted in the frame. Later models have end weights in the bars to help damp this out. If your bars and grips are compatible, you can get a new set at BoulevardSuzuki for about $42 a side; they occasionally show up on eBay, too. Some of the members of another forum fill the ends of the bars with lead weights, or shot embedded in silicone adhesive. My 800 came with the weights, but still had a fair amount of buzz in the grips around 60mph, so I added a BarSnake cut to fit so I could put the weights back in; bars are almost vibration free now.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I bought Qwi gloves for vibration. I think they work well. Feels a little different than your normal gloves because it's padded at the palm, but you get use to it.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
One more thing that will reduce vibration is to make sure the carburetors are synchronized well. Even a little out of balance will add to the vibration.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, it is normal for a big V-twin to have some vibration in the bars; the engine is hard mounted in the frame. Later models have end weights in the bars to help damp this out. If your bars and grips are compatible, you can get a new set at BoulevardSuzuki for about $42 a side; they occasionally show up on eBay, too. Some of the members of another forum fill the ends of the bars with lead weights, or shot embedded in silicone adhesive. My 800 came with the weights, but still had a fair amount of buzz in the grips around 60mph, so I added a BarSnake cut to fit so I could put the weights back in; bars are almost vibration free now.
That bar snake works well I also heard of folks filling the bars with BBs they say it works..My 2 cents

1 - 6 of 6 Posts