Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

SUPER MODERATOR
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been there a lot of times and it is a lot of fun, with lots to see and do.:smile_big:

Critics, you know, the ones that haven't been near there think it's all a bunch of debauchery and out of control biker's in a free for all:surprise:

There are cameras everywhere and LEO involvement at all levels and I felt safer there than in a typical WALMART parking lot:grin:

LIFE and the Sturgis Rally is what YOU make it:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
Thanks Sam. I was wondering if they have live cameras going this year. That's as close as I'll get to going. I just don't care for crowds and that's a crowd. Well...not right now but in general.:grin: :wink2:

Reactions: Porky

SUPER MODERATOR
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If ya all go to YouTube and type in: "2018 Sturgis rally," there are LOTS of high quality videos, not only in Sturgis, but Deadwood and Rushmore and many other cool places:grin:

Watching these almost real time videos has shown me some surreal visions of Harley customization that I hardly believe! Some may be odd but there is beauty beyond words, slowly rolling down those roads:wink2:

Please notice the PEACE and brotherhood of all participants there! No trouble no hassle, no deranged crazies and naked hookers trying to infect others and no drunks stumbling into others---no just normal people who love motorcycles and having a good time:smile_big:

Also notice this all of you Harley haters, you won't see Harley's melting in the parade of thousands of bikes, no one wrenching and unhappy with their ride. GOTCHA:surprise:

If I was only young again:crying:

Aging & Worn
It鈥檚 a week long? Where are all the vendor tents? The dates of the ralley this year are August 3rd thru the 12th, right?

I鈥檓 looking at the cams at 4 AM mind you, so I realize it鈥檚 kinda 鈥渄eadsville,鈥 but I remember looking at some cams from LAST year, that showed the various vendor tents.

Never gone, probably never will. At least, on a bike.

On The Road Again!
Thanks Sam. I was wondering if they have live cameras going this year. That's as close as I'll get to going. I just don't care for crowds and that's a crowd. Well...not right now but in general.:grin: :wink2:
Me too. Never been. Don't care to go.
I don't care for crowds.
Don't care for dealing with drunks.
And don't care for sleazy women, most of whom smoke.
I'll pass.

Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
When was this rally? Or is not yet held? In past years I would see loads of bikes heading west on Interstate 90 that I use all the time here in western Illinois, but I don't recall seeing this much at all this year. Maybe I just missed this HD rally that I have never attended since I have never owned a Harley.

SUPER MODERATOR
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IF you know how to do so, use YOUTUBE and just type in 2018 Sturgis Rally---GOSH:)

The links I provided weren't on the main drag so it doesn't look that busy.

It isn't all Harley's at the event.

Sam:)

Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
I guess I was not interested in this rally enough to even Google it. And I think I can enjoy riding the Black Hills area better, and have done so, during times other than the Sturgis rally. Sleeping on the ground in a tent is not my thing, at my age, and I don't plan far enough ahead in time to have motel reservations for this rally.

Reactions: Porky

SUPER MODERATOR
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vito, every time I (We) went, we stayed in Rapid City, SD, at the finest Hotel's and ate the finest food and drank a few adult beverages as we floated in a cool sparkling pool in the evening hours.:smile_big:

We would ride in to Sturgis after a fine and nutritious breakfast, stay and walk around until maybe 2 in the afternoon, leave and ride to the Wall, Deadwood or Rushmore or tour the badlands and just enjoy the beautiful surroundings:smile:

The last year I went, leaving from Southern California, I didn't take my Electra Glide but enjoyed my new 1997 Goldwing:grin:

A few weeks before the rally or a few after is a nice time to go, when there are NO crowds.:wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.