Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anybody know anything about these? I have an opportunity to purchase one, but it looks like it is a three year project. 104,000 and very used. Bike is whole, accessories are scattered, but appear to be all there.

I have no(none zip zero) experience with The V engines... do I need this experience?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did it!

I am now the proud owner of a Yamaha Venture Royale, digital instruments, radio, air cushion controls, full enchalade....

tell me how do you spell enchalade?

guess what, it has been customized too! It has lots of neat little after market off the shelf, nessesary gadgets like blinkers, and although the outer shell is all there, I truely wonder if I am good enough to put it all back together!

It has 120/90s on the rear, specs call for 140/90s.

If someone was used to riding on 140s, and took a corner just like they always did, the machine might dump... and the right side skid bars are through the outer pipe. There is a foot peg bolt, quite scary.

sorry to those who this has happened too...

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
What are your plans for it?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I would have no idea where to start on something like that. I would tear it down and that is probably where I would lose interest. Would make a hell of a go cart engine though.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,788 Posts
Type Royal Star Venture in google it will lead you to the right place

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the royal star and the venture royale are two entirely different machines...
I got one of the cheap CD program manuals, and the page numbers still don't match the book pages... FYI...

I will decifer it after I get paid; and then it might be a long time.
It has a wiring diagram that assumes you understand block diagrams... it has no harness connection instructions, and is so vague. It takes all that complicated electical system and makes it look so simple its funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts