Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to street riding. I live in west Texas where 100+ degree days are pretty much the norm. I was looking for a safe, yet reasonably priced full face helmet that gives good ventilation. I was hoping you all would have some good advice on brands and preferences. I appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
That's one reason helmets are optional here. Personally I'm looking at a half helmet but haven't found one that also ventilates. Some here have posted about ventilated full and modular but I can't remember what brands. Folks are getting off work so you should start seeing some suggestions.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
I have a Gmax modular. 1 vent in the chin bar, two on top, two in the back. You can feel the air moving over your head.

I also have a 3/4 HJC 3 vents in the top. Moves a lot of air in the helmet.

My full face HJC has no vents HOT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Critter, I ended up ordering the GM45S. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Motorcycle superstore had it for about $26 dollars cheaper than most other online stores.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I've ridden through West-est Texas and used the same ole half helmet I almost always use. I doesn't have any ventilators that I know of, and it does fine. On really hot days I do use one of those neck band / bandana things that have the crystals that swell up and hold water though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wrote GM45S, I meant to write GM54S. I couldn't figure out how to edit it.
Once I get more familiar with riding and feel safer, I'll probably get a half helmet. There are a lot of nice ones, my brother uses the Bell Rogue and really loves it.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
That's one reason helmets are optional here. Personally I'm looking at a half helmet but haven't found one that also ventilates.
I just saw one at the motorcycle shop a couple days ago and can't remember who made it. If I have a chance, I'll stop by there in the next couple days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am using AGV AX-8 almost from last few months and pretty satisfied with it. As you are new to ride you should have to see something which have good protection too.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
I just saw one at the motorcycle shop a couple days ago and can't remember who made it. If I have a chance, I'll stop by there in the next couple days.
Thanks Sigma. That would give me something specific to look for.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts